• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

And again: Unlawful CK

Cabral

First Post
Haven't had time to work on the template or art, but an idea struck me. New Wave Entertainment is having a miniature design contest. If the artists submit the art to the contest and anybody wins, we would have Unlawful Carnal Guide miniatures! Important: Check the contest rules to see who owns rights to the image before submitting. Of course, seperate drawings for the guide and the contest would be safer, but it would be more work too.

Gez

First Post
It it the knowledge which is unlawful, now ? Back in 2e, it was the Unlawful Guide to Carnal Knowledge, now it seems to be called Complete Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. How could a knowledge be unlawful ? Ignorance is strength, I know, and ignorance is bliss, also, but aside from these references...

Averil Wehstrom

First Post
Knowledge has always had the joy of being deemed "unlawful." Just look at anatomy in the 16th-18th centuries. Look at D&D books in certain church-dominated areas of the U.S. even today. Nazi propaganda materials in modern Germany. It's easy for knowledge to become unlawful.

The quasi-leagal (as in, related to law & lawyers) phrase "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" is where the guide got its name. As you can see, this is related to the word that is formed by using the phrase's first letters, and therefore related to the subject of our guide. I hope this is helpful:D

As for the miniatures contest, I think it'd be great to have minis to go with the guide. However, "All submissions will become properties of New Wave Entertainment and/or Reaper Miniatures. Full credit will be given to the artist." So, we'd want to get images we're not going to use in the guide itself...

Last edited:

kolvar

First Post
Zelda Themelin said:
Now I am confused. Do we post this thread or that another one?
:)

Which other thread?
I did not find any other, thats why I started a new one.
please point us to the other one and we will go on there (if it is not the one on the old board)

Remove ads