Anointed Hunter PrC

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Bront said:
The point is that 7th level would be the earliest entry anyway, and I think 8th works better for the class, and it's not without precident that other PrCs for LEW have later entrance.
Most of the LEW PrCs except for one have an entry level of 6, not 7, or lower (except for two). This is two levels higher, and I don't see the need for higher level PrCs at all.

If LEW characters level at an average of 1 level/6 months, it really takes forever to enter the prestige class.

EDIT: For reference:
[sblock=Entry Levels]Brightstriker 6
Dervish of Sairundan: 7
Drow Paragon: 1 (not a PrC)
Learner: 5
Little Sneak: 6
Outrider: 6
Seeker of the Elemental Song: 11
Trader: 4
Ventrid Swordsman: 5[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
All of the LEW PrCs except for one have an entry level of 6, not 7, or lower (except for one). This is two levels higher, and I don't see the need for higher level PrCs at all.

If LEW characters level at an average of 1 level/6 months, it really takes forever to enter the prestige class.
Dervish and Seeker are higher.

I understand the worry, but the I like the balance of this class, including at what level you enter it.

Jdvn1

Bront said:
Dervish and Seeker are higher.

I understand the worry, but the I like the balance of this class, including at what level you enter it.
I corrected the "one" to "two." :p Also, regardless, 7 isn't the earliest entry level anyway.

Still, the point stands. Why are we pushing the average entry level up? Why don't you knock it down a little, and rebalance the class? While this might be good for most D&D games, I think it'd fit LEW better at a lower level.

Knight Otu

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Drow Paragon: 2?
1. Paragon classes aren't prestige classes, and a character could start with a paragon class. Also, the drow paragon class isn't the only paragon class allowed in LEW. It's just the only I've managed to transcribe into the Rules thread (well, and the dwarf paragon - before the crash :mad: ).

Jdvn1

Knight Otu said:
1. Paragon classes aren't prestige classes, and a character could start with a paragon class. Also, the drow paragon class isn't the only paragon class allowed in LEW. It's just the only I've managed to transcribe into the Rules thread (well, and the dwarf paragon - before the crash :mad: ).
That's true, but I just listed everything under the Prestige Class section(s). Maybe you should have a Base Class/Paragon Class section?

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
I corrected the "one" to "two." :p Also, regardless, 7 isn't the earliest entry level anyway.

Still, the point stands. Why are we pushing the average entry level up? Why don't you knock it down a little, and rebalance the class? While this might be good for most D&D games, I think it'd fit LEW better at a lower level.
The intent wasn't to push it up, more to offer an interesting concept I had, which happens to fit well into LEW.

The Seeker was a cool concept idea, and realy works best there in all regards.

This, the nerf would be to drop spellcasting and spells a bit, which I don't think fits very well. You are correct in that there might best be more lower level PrCs in LEW though, I just don't think this one should be one of them (particularly with the feat that lets you into this class, which is a strong feat).

However, if/when I create more PrCs, I'll keep this in mind :)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jdvn1, you underestimate the entry level of the Learner PrC. While the arcane spellcasting requirement would make it reachable at 5th, it has rank prerequisites in skills that are not offered by the sorcerer.

I believe it was determined that a character must be 7th level in order to qualify for the Learner.

Sorry for the threadjack, just felt it necessary to mention that. :)

Jdvn1

GnomeWorks said:
Jdvn1, you underestimate the entry level of the Learner PrC. While the arcane spellcasting requirement would make it reachable at 5th, it has rank prerequisites in skills that are not offered by the sorcerer.

I believe it was determined that a character must be 7th level in order to qualify for the Learner.

Sorry for the threadjack, just felt it necessary to mention that. :)
Thanks for the info, I guess I went through the list too fast.

Remove ads