• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another day in the Tavern

E

Ethran Skylark

The dagger slides into Ethran's back, and he screams in pain. But instead of slumping over, he evaporates into thin air, leaving a burnt imprint on the stool that he was sitting at. The green-cloaked figure, Khylorn, does not seem surprised.

S

Shifting Master

Khylorn reaches into one of the pockets of his cloak and hands Malik a gold piece.

"That was supposed to happen, Malik. You see, Ethran Skylark is no halfling, but is truly a demon from the Abyss. That is why his stool is aflame."

Khylorn blows the fire out, and begins talking more seriously.

"Thank you for helping me. I will remember that you look out for number one, but I may call upon you again sometime. Is has been nice doing business with you."

Now Khylorn seems more relaxed.

"May I sit down? I have been dealing with business in other parts of town, and I could use a cherry ale."

S

Shifting Master

Khylorn sits down.

Malik, I have still not learned what you are. I am guessing that you have angel and demon blood, perhaps succubus or incubus. Could you tell me, because depending on your blood, I may have another job for you. It pays EXTREMELY well, and I will help you.

S

Shifting Master

Khylorn smiles.

I guess I was right, then.

He takes out a silver piece and flips it to Malik.

I am trying to recruit some people for an important mission, and you qualify, without question. The job will pay beyond your wildest dreams, I will guarantee it. Talk to me later (PM me) for details.

K

Khylorn the Shifter

((updated screenname - Shifting Master = me))
((Malik, get rid of some PMs. Your box is full.)

Khylorn looks around, checking to see if any others are in the tavern.

Remove ads