• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone know a good SciFi game?

DrSkull

First Post
d20 Traveller ships from the printer on October 7th.

It has a straight sci-fi feel to it, not at all fantasy or Star Wars like.

The book itself is going to go for $45, but don't let that deter you, it will also be 464 pages long (i.e. the length of 2 Monster Manuals).

It will have complete rules for star system design, starship design, vehicle design, animal encounters, and psionics, and a system of "prior history" for creating characters with career histories who will start beyound first level.

Combat is deadlier than D&D or Star Wars.

If you have old Traveller background stuff, you can use it with the d20 stuff (the ship design is compatable with High Guard). But, you don't need any old Traveller stuff to play.

Moe Ronalds

First Post
good ideas, all of them, keep them coming! I sent my Co-DM the link to this thread, and I'm sure he'll be glad to tell you all how greatful he is. That is if he actually signed up for ENworlds and didn't just try to log-in without registering. ;)

Shadowdancer

First Post
My gaming group ran an Aliens vs Predator campaign once using the Classic Traveller rules. We even threw in the Imperial Marines. The T20 rules should allow you to do the same with ease.

blaster219

Explorer
Bagpuss said:
If you want and Aliens vs Predator feel then you should see if you can find 2300AD and the Kafer Sourebook.

Do a search for Alien Fuzion. Some guy wrote TWO HUGE sourcebooks on using the Fuzion system to play in the Aliens/Predetor universe. I downloaded both (they're in PDF and Word format) and have got to say, the dephth of the background material was immense. They would work really well as simple background material for a d20 game.

I am not sure if it is already available in English, but I once played "Space Gothic" (it is a German game)

It includes paladin-like groups, an evil corporation, Monsters from Outer Space (aliens) as Outer Dimensions (demons) and so on.

It has rules for sanity, but we didn't use them... It is based on d%, but I believe it used the full complement of dice for damage and armor rolls. Combat is very dangerous, a single hit with a good weapon may kill anyone... (By the way: THe weapon names where crazy, like the H&K Sargnagel...)
It uses a broad range of character classes, like scientist, soldier, detective, pilot and so on.

Mustrum Ridcully

Last edited:

Bagpuss

Legend
blaster219 said:

Do a search for Alien Fuzion. Some guy wrote TWO HUGE sourcebooks on using the Fuzion system to play in the Aliens/Predetor universe. I downloaded both (they're in PDF and Word format) and have got to say, the dephth of the background material was immense. They would work really well as simple background material for a d20 game.

Oh yeah I forgot about that one. I think I have the link in my favourites..... somewhere. Hmmm I might have too many favourites now, I need a search engine to look through them all.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads