AoW - Team Diamond Lake -OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Speaking of level ups only one done?? - hmm....

and ghostcat sorry I didn't explain the tracking post very well (good job rolling the HP without modifiers because they might change :D) All you need list is the changes to the character for the level obtained and then on your sheet (the first/character post) make the adjustments. If you follow Living Pathfinder it is kind of like that

[sblock=Example]
Level 2:
Class: Fighter(favored)
BAB: +1 to +2
Fort: +2 to +3
Ref: +0 to +0
Will: +0 to +0
Feat: Power Attack
Class Features: bonus fighter feat, bravery +1
HP: +10 = (1d10 - 2 = 8) + 2 [CON] + 16 (Old Total) = 26
Skill Pts: +03 = +02 (Class) + 01 (Human) + 03 (Old Total) = 06
Skills: Diplomacy(1), Swim(1), Survival(1)

Level 3:
Class: Fighter
BAB: +2 to +3
Fort: +3 to +3
Ref: +0 to +1
Will: +0 to +1
Feat: Additional Traits
Class Features: Armor training 1
HP: +10 = (1d10 - 2 = 8) + 2 [CON] + 26 (Old Total) = 36
Skill Pts: +03 = +02 (Class) + 01 (Human) + 06 (Old Total) = 09
Skills: Diplomacy(1), Handle Animal(1), Ride(1)
[/sblock]

Also don't forget the Favored class spot Using Arveduin as an example...

[sblock=Favored Class Bonus]
Level 1: +1 skill point
Level 2: +1 skill point[/sblock]

This is due to say at level 3 he takes fighter then he would list...

Level 3: n/a

And then back to level 4 for another bonus or an alternate racial feature, etc. just easier for checking on the DM side.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
And lastly treasure... since we aren't playing it out here are the spoils.

- wand of shatter (7 charges) (value: 315gp)
- wand of unseen servant (16 charges) (value: 120gp)
- goggles of minute seeing (value: 1,250gp)
- chainmail +1 (value: 1,150gp)
- statuettes x3 (value: 600gp)

So how do we wish to handle treasure division???

HM

Axel

First Post
So we roll for HP at level 1? Or it is max to start?

Answered my own question...max at level 1 it is.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
All good. Saw you rolled a 1 (yikes) hope you average out next level. ;)

Also unless you have added the 1 HP that line should read...

HP: 13 = [2d8=9] + 4 (CON) + 0 (favored class bonus)

Everything else is looking good going just need to double check your skills and then write you in.

HM

Axel

First Post
Ha! Like I've said before, my dice always hate me. I can love them, or be a cruel master, or never actually touch them (like eDice), yet they nearly always fail me.

I'm tempted to make a random thread and roll 20d20 or so. See what the mean and the median come up as.

Lastly...rolling for HP is my most hated thing about the d20 system. With a point-buy for stats it is the only series of die rolls that stay with for your character's entire career. Almost everything else (bar save-or-die) can be recovered from.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I get tired of the same old same old when it comes to the HP rules. I think it was this games turn to get the "roll at each level" spot. That is why I went 25 pts and we are using Hero Points.

Let's hope that the first save or die roll that comes along is a good one because you used all your bad rolls on HP. ;)

HM

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'll get on it!

My group playtested a module for me last night. Some hefty revisions for stuff is needed, but that's good. Lots of work to re-do it, I guess~! Now a quick break for a fortnight while I regroup and redo key parts before the next session!

I'll be adding a level of abjurer to Eldariel's class. That's about it, I believe.

ghostcat

First Post
Speaking of level ups only one done?? - hmm....

and ghostcat sorry I didn't explain the tracking post very well (good job rolling the HP without modifiers because they might change :D) All you need list is the changes to the character for the level obtained and then on your sheet (the first/character post) make the adjustments.

BIG SNIP
HM

I've updated my tracking post. let me know if I got it right this time. Still to update the character.

I've also posted by IC levelling post. Still got to do some shopping once we've spilt our ill-gotten gains.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
I get tired of the same old same old when it comes to the HP rules. I think it was this games turn to get the "roll at each level" spot. That is why I went 25 pts and we are using Hero Points.

Let's hope that the first save or die roll that comes along is a good one because you used all your bad rolls on HP. ;)

HM

I hope so too, but wouldn't bet on it. :)

One of the better alternate HP systems I've seen over the years was:
- Roll HD like normal.
- If less than half maximum (i.e. 4 or less on a d10) then may either
1. Reroll and subtract 1 (min. 1) or,
2. Take 50% (i.e. 5 for a d10 HD).

Essentially it meant if you were feeling lucky, or had a good HP total for your level you could gamble on rolling high, and your character could never be totally gimped by rolling 3 1's in a row and having <25 HP as a level 4 Fighter.

Not that I'm advocating you change, btw! Just sharing the best anti-HP bad roll system I've come across. :)

Remove ads