AoW - Team Diamond Lake -OOC

fireinthedust

Explorer
Hi all. I have a delay to my posting to update: my computer died, and I've lost everything on it. Specifically the second draft of something I'm working on (so slightly more work for me, urg), and the updated character sheet.

I'll be delayed for a while before I can act. I'll try to get on when I can. This is a borrowed computer.

And yes, have Eldariel help Aria however he can.

I'm going to go combat mage, mostly, though I intend to expand my spellbook beyond what I gain each level however I can (ie: level gets me the spells I can't do without, adventuring gets me the rest that I should have).

Do I have the option of buying scrolls for spells I don't know and learning them from the scroll? Can I scribe the spells I do have into scrolls? If that's ok with you; a tactic I've always wanted to try is to have a butt-load of scrolls on hand. Would quick-draw help me with scrolls, I wonder...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Since timing is a little short game wise I'm going to say no to having "extra spells to start. But since Allustran is on hand, in between/down time will give you lenty of time to scribe extra spells into your book via rules page 219 CORE

Same with the scribe scroll - you could have had time to scribe one yourself (paying for it with current gold) so it would be limited to spells you know, - any other scrolls you would have to "buy" (really probably got from Allustran) using leftover gold and paying normal price.

Scroll cases can hold up to four scrolls and still be drawn as a move action. Quick draw says in the description you can not use the feat to retrieve scrolls as free actions sorry.

Checking Ultimate Magic... please hold...

Well nothing in the feats section on it - perhaps we should look into a new magical item. Let me know and we can design one and then throw it into the game.

HM

Axel

First Post
Without trying to sound rude, but anyone else out there? :)

If not, I'll stick in an update tomorrow. Didn't want to hog all the first-up posts...what with being new and all.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Wondering what's up myself Axel. Been 4 days and nothing IC from fitd or Shayuri??? Odd that.

All I need to know is if the group heads back down the first tube and to the mold or wishes to go down the broken shaft.

Will update tomorrow night should I get a consensus. If not I will flip a coin and update tomorrow night. :p

HM

Axel

First Post
Are we all waiting on fireinthedust to bust out the Ray of Frost? Bugger... :|

Out of curiosity, how many others are in the party? Please correct me if I'm wrong, as it seems like a few people have passed in and out - and I'm truly sorry if I miss your character.

Galyne: Human Ranger
Aria: Human Sorceror
Eldarial: Elf Ranger/Wizard

This might be my lack of Pathfinder experience biting me (had my first TT game of it last night as a Summoner - awesome fun!), but won't we probably need a "Rogue" type character to open locked doors, disable traps and the like? Or are Rangers able to disable traps in Pathfinder? It always seemed to me like they should be able to in D&D 3.5. Doors are generally less problematic...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
ghostcat changed Galyne to a ranger(trapper) from Ultimate Magic. Gives him the trapfinding abilities of a rogue and later the ability to make special traps. They lose their spell casting but I think that is small potatoes to gaining a martial rogue.

HM

fireinthedust

Explorer
Heya. Still here, but sans computer. I am also being awful to my group's players, so at least I'm consistent.

I need to redo my sheet since my laptop died.

I don't have the Magus class, and it doesn't look as much fun as my current build... I'll need to check it out.

Can I recommend this game to a friend of mine? He's a huge PF fan. Actually, tehre are several who could fit the bill, if you're interested.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I have been finding out that keeping groups small keeps things rolling in pbp. And the current group...

Axel - human Cleric of Pelor2
fireinthedust - elf Ranger1/Wizard1
Shayuri - human Sorcerer2 (undead bloodline)
ghostcat - half-elf Ranger(trapper)2

Looks only to be lacking a meat shield (as Galyne is a ranged combatant). If everyone thinks another player ok then it wouldn't hurt to get another martial character in this. Axel's character may need someone to stand beside him in a fight or his character turns into the front liner (and alone).

HM

Remove ads