AoW - Team Diamond Lake -OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
fitd there is in fact alot more dungeon to explore. :)

I will be posting everyone returning to the "main room" and then hopefully adding BH into the mix in a few hours.

HM

Blood and Honor

First Post
Awesome. I'm just wondering if Dwarf was the best choice for race since he only has a 12 Cha...lol. I know the race isn't optimal but I like the RP behind it. So I guess I'll see where it takes me.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
RP is always the best choice. :D

Here is my go over of your character I did a little clean up of the code for you you can copy paste this back into the RG (getting rid of the red) or simply add in the corrections.

A pointer on the code text - If you first do anything like the equipment or what not in Notepad and then copy/paste it in. It will line up automatically for you. (Though when you paste it it will look a mess - it will correct itself.)

Also I have re-done the way the skills section looks since I posted that old character sheet. I have re-done that for you on this one.

Corrections/Suggestions in RED

[sblock=Characters Name??]
Hmmm I don't see a character name anywhere?
[sblock=Game Info]
Race: Dwarf
Class: Paladin
Level: 2
Experience: 0 - not using XP sorry that is still there
Hero Points: 1 normally (2 when you are in the Whispering Cairn - which you will be)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Languages: Dwarven, Common, and Terran you can change the Terran if you wish lol - that poor elemental is dead
Deity: Moradin[/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities]
STR: 16
DEX: 12
CON: 16
INT: 13
WIS: 12
CHA: 12[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
HP: 19 = [2d10=11] + 6 (CON) + 2 (FC)
AC: 18 = 10 + 7 (armor) + 0 (shield) + 1 (DEX),
AC Touch: 11 = 10 + 1 (DEX)
AC Flatfooted: 17 = 10 + 7 (armor) + 0 (shield)
INIT: +1 = +1 (DEX)
BAB: +2 = +2 (Paladin)
CMB: +5 = +3 (STR) + 2 (BAB)
CMD: 16 = 10 + 3 (STR) + 1 (DEX) + 2 (BAB)
Fort: +7 = +3 (Paladin) + 3 (CON) + 1 (Divine Grace)
Reflex: +2 = +0 (Paladin) + 1 (DEX) + 1 (Divine Grace)
Will: +4 = +3 (Paladin) + 1 (WIS) + 1 (Divine Grace)
Speed: 20 ft
Damage Reduction: 0
Spell Resistance: 0[/sblock]
[sblock=Weapon Stats]
Earth Breaker(melee): +6 = +2 (BAB) +3 (STR) +1 (MWK) / DMG = 2d6+4(B), CRIT x3
Earth Breaker PA(melee): +5 = +2 (BAB) +3 (STR) +1 (MWK) -1 (Power Attack)/ DMG = 2d6+8(B), CRIT x3
Dagger(melee): +5 = +2 (BAB) +3 (STR)/ DMG = 1d4+3, CRIT 19-20,x2
Dagger(range): +3 = +2 (BAB) +1 (DEX)/ DMG = 1d4+3, CRIT 19-20,x2, 10ft.
Light Crossbow(ranged): +3 = +2 (BAB) + 1 (DEX)/ DMG = 1d8, CRIT 19-20x2, 80ft.[/sblock]
[sblock=Racial Traits]
Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Defensive Training: Dwarves get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
Greed: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
Hatred: Dwarves receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
Hardy: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
Stability: Dwarves receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to potentially notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.[/sblock]
[sblock=Class Features]
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Paladins are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor (heavy, medium, and light), and with shields (except tower shields).
Aura of Good (Ex): The power of a paladin’s aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to her paladin level.
Detect Evil (Sp): At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell. A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range.
Smite Evil (Su): Once per day, a paladin can call out to the powers of good to aid her in her struggle against evil. As a swift action, the paladin chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is evil, the paladin adds her Charisma bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her paladin level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite. If the target of smite evil is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to 2 points of damage per level the paladin possesses. Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.

In addition, while smite evil is in effect, the paladin gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite. If the paladin targets a creature that is not evil, them smite is wasted with no effect. The smite evil effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the paladin rests and regains her uses of this ability. At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table 3–11, to a maximum of seven times per day at 19th level.
Divine Grace (Su): At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.
Lay On Hands (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin can heal wounds (her own or those of others) by touch. Each day she can use this ability a number of times equal to 1/2 her paladin level plus her Charisma modifier.
With one use of this ability, a paladin can heal 1d6 hit points of damage for every two paladin levels she possesses. Using this ability is a standard action, unless the paladin targets herself, in which case it is a swift action. Despite the name of this ability, a paladin only needs one free hand to use this ability. Alternatively, a paladin can use this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures, dealing 1d6 points of damage for every two levels the paladin possesses. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. Undead do not receive a saving throw against this damage.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats & Traits]
Feats:
1st lvl - Power Attack: You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all
melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed
weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon. When your base attack bonus reaches
+4, and every 4 points thereafter, the penalty increases by –1 and the bonus to damage increases by +2. You must choose to use this feat before making an attack roll, and its effects last until your next turn. The bonus damage does not apply to touch attacks or effects that do not deal hit point damage.

Traits:
a) Tunnel Fighter: Caves and tunnels are a second home to you. While underground, you receive a +2 trait bonus on initiative checks and a +1 trait bonus on weapon damage rolls for critical hits (this damage is multiplied on a critical hit).
b) Killer: You made your first kill at a very young age and found the task of war or murder to your liking. You either take particular pride in a well-placed blow, or find vile pleasure in such a strike as you twist the blade to maximize the pain. You deal additional damage equal to your weapon’s critical hit modifier when you score a successful critical hit with a weapon; this additional damage is added to the final total, and is not multiplied by the critical hit multiple itself. This extra damage is a trait bonus.[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Skill Ranks: 06 = [2 (Paladin) + 01 (INT)] x 02 (LvL) + 00 (misc) + 00 (Favored Class)
Max Ranks: 02
ACP: -5

Skills:
() = class skill
^ = trained only
Code:
Total                      Stat   Rank  CS  Misc  ACP
-04 =  Acrobatics          +01    +00   +0  +00   -5   DEX
+01 =  Appraise            +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+01 =  Bluff               +01    +00   +0  +00        CHA
-02 =  Climb               +03    +00   +0  +00   -5   STR
+01 =()Craft:_____         +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+01 =()Diplomacy           +01    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+na =  Disable Device^     +01    +00   +0  +00   -5   DEX
+01 =  Disguise            +01    +00   +0  +00        CHA
-04 =  Escape Artist       +01    +00   +0  +00   -5   DEX
-04 =  Fly                 +01    +00   +0  +00   -5   DEX
+na =()Handle Animal^      +01    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+05 =()Heal                +01    +01   +3  +00        WIS
+01 =  Intimidate          +01    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+na =  Know:Arcana^        +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+na =  Know:Dungeoneering^ +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+na =  Know:Engineering^   +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+na =  Know:Geography^     +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+na =  Know:History^       +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+na =  Know:Local^         +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+na =  Know:Nature^        +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+na =()Know:Nobility^      +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+na =  Know:Planes^        +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+05 =()Know:Religion^      +01    +01   +3  +00        INT
+na =  Linguistics^        +01    +00   +0  +00        INT
+03 =  Perception          +01    +02   +0  +00        WIS
+01 =  Perform:_____       +01    +00   +0  +00        CHA
+na =()Profession^:_____   +01    +00   +0  +00        WIS
-04 =()Ride                +01    +00   +0  +00   -5   DEX
+05 =()Sense Motive        +01    +01   +3  +00        WIS
+na =  Sleight of Hand^    +01    +00   +0  +00   -5   DEX
+05 =()Spellcraft^         +01    +01   +3  +00        INT
-04 =  Stealth             +01    +00   +0  +00   -5   DEX
+01 =  Survival            +01    +00   +0  +00        WIS
-02 =  Swim                +03    +00   +0  +00   -5   STR
+na =  Use Magic Device^   +01    +00   +0  +00        CHA
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
[U]Item                       Cost   Weight[/U]
Mwk Earth Breaker         340gp   14lbs.
Mwk Banded Mail           400gp   35lbs.
Mwk Backpack               50gp   [COLOR=Red] 4lbs.[/COLOR]
Dagger                      2gp    1lbs.
Waterskin                   [COLOR=Red]1gp[/COLOR]    4lbs.
Light Crossbow             35gp    4lbs.
  Bolts (20)                2gp    2lbs.
Trail Rations (3)          15sp    3lbs.
Cure Light Wounds[COLOR=Red](3)[/COLOR]      150gp    1lbs.
-the above are potions I take it?

Treasure: 19gp, 5sp, 0cp Gems: none

Total weight carried: 68lbs
Maximum weight possible: 230lbs​
[/sblock]

[sblock=Details]
Size: Medium
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 187
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Skin Color: Tanned
Apperance:
Deamenaor:​
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background].... [/sblock]​
[/sblock]

Well we said we needed a meat shield and that he is. Can't wait to read the background and how you tie in the traits and him being a paladin.

HM

Last edited:

Blood and Honor

First Post
My dwarven pally has a name and I have made the mentioned changes (by change I mean copied and pasted from your post). As far as the background goes I haven't really put anything together yet but I'll brainstorm some.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Help from your friendly neighborhood DM... :p

- The Church of Mordian hierarchy has received visions of trouble below the streets of Diamond Lake. Sigrum could be one of many dwarves sent to check out all the different tombs, abandoned mines, and other access.

- A wandering dwarf, the last of his clan Sigrum takes up the martomer Grudgebearer. Through the dreams and signs sent him by Mordian he is on track to exact his revenge on the evil that killed his people.

- Following the path of an old dwarven hero who was said to have traveled to the Whispering Cairn and never return. This dwarf possessed a throwing hammer blesses by Mordian and Sigrum wishes to find it and return it to the cause of justice.

- Dared by other caravan guards to enter one of the old tombs of the area, Sigrum seeks something from the tomb to prove his bravery (and earn there gold). Teh caravan has recently arrived with supplies from the free city so the dwarf's job is over as he was only hired to help get it to Diamond Lake.

- A trio of adventures were looking for a forth member and your character readily accepted. But they haven't arrived and are over an hour late. Sigrum thinks maybe they went in ahead of him and so enters the Whispering Cairn looking for them.

Hope some of that helps.

HM

Blood and Honor

First Post
So I like the first two and I can combine then.

Sigrum was with his clan exploring Diamond Lake when they were attacked by the evil that still lurks there. He was the only survivor of his family and assumed the name Grudgebearer, vowing revenge on the evil beneath Diamond Lake. Sigrum spent several hours in Moradin's temples asking for the means to destroy the evil that killed his family.

The last sentence is the reason he became a paladin.

ghostcat

First Post
Assuming I get enough from selling the treasure, I would like to buy:

2 flasks Acid 20gp
2 flasks Oil: Alchemist's fire 40 gp
10 flasks of oil 1 gp

TOTAL 61 gp

Otherwise, drop 1 flask Acid, 1 Flask AF, revised total 31 gp.

[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION]. Well I posted this but never got round to doing any IC shopping. So does Galyne actual have these or not. I'm happy either why just need to know how to RP it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I thought we said that we would forgo the RP of shopping. (Maybe that was another game?!) - Even so anything found under standard equipment is purchasable.

Just IC it in however you wish.

HM

Remove ads