AoW - Team Diamond Lake -OOC

Axel

First Post
I'm probably the least-invested of all the players so far, but I'm fine with another character joining (providing it can be explained away in-game).

You're entirely right about the current party's combat options. Arveduin may be able to hold his own for a little while (until he gets disarmed/tripped/bull-rushed/Greased or otherwise made to take a CMD or Dex check), but 1 front-liner can't adequately defend an "artillery battery" of three. Even in a dungeon setting.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'm eventually planning on being something of a frontline wizard, though. Currently I've got an AC in the low 20s with spells, and I'll be pumping gold into magical AC augmentations (rings, bracers, cloaks, etc.).

Granted, that's secondary melee for the next... 7-10 levels, rather than frontline, but it is what it is. He's not a power-attack platemail fighter, though, but I'll be able to dish out damage eventually.

For now, though, you're right. I suppose I am ranged for a bit. Hmm...

Meh, I'll mention it to my buddies and see where they're at.

Axel

First Post
Heh, no-one ever wants to play the meatshield. :)

In all honesty, I rate the Pathfinder Fighter quite highly. Especially some of the archetypes. Without wanting to do another "character switcheroo" I'd be happy to play a Fighter with someone else taking the "Cleric of Pelor" role. As long as they are a melee capable Cleric, the party should be quite functional with the 5 characters.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I am advancing the thread now and will be having Kendren human Fighter2 coming back to the tomb and play him as an NPC.

But he won't be around to help you just yet. :devil:

HM

Axel

First Post
Hooray, an update!

Well, I have Comprehend Languages. Maybe we can communicate in sign language, points and grunts...the international language of backpackers for nearly 50 years. :)

Also, I seem to have diddled myself out of 1 spell memorised. Should be 3+1 1st level spells, not 2+1 as I have. Bugger... Need 5 mins to pray for a new spell... :blush:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Don't think the earth elemental will give you five minutes. ;)

Would have been caught up last night had EnWorld let me on FRI nite. I missed a whole night of updating.

HM

Axel

First Post
I didn't think so either...so luckily I've already got Comprehend Languages memorised. One of the best 1st level spells IME. Never leave home without it. :)

ENWorld has been funny about access the past month or so. Quite slow loading at other times, too.

Blood and Honor

First Post
Hello all. So from what I understand you guys need a meatshield of sorts and would be happy to fill that spot. I was thinking fighter or inquisitor.

I see that everyone is level 2. Just need to know if I'm making a lvl 2 character and if so what do I do about starting wealth.

Remove ads