• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Archdevil Moloch (Mordenkainen's tome of foes preview from Dragon+)

Conceded. I overlooked immune to charm. That does take some of the bite out of the bard, but means she tunnels it into giving the ranger bonuses to hit.

Odds are still in their (the barbarian and the ranger) favor to go first due to advantage on initiative checks.

If you submit their character sheets. I am willing to play Moloch against them and see who actually wins.

neogod22

Explorer
If you average his HP out the proper way like you do PC HP, he should have 400HP. If you max it out the proper way, it should be 484.

Cyrinishad

Explorer
Conceded. I overlooked immune to charm. That does take some of the bite out of the bard, but means she tunnels it into giving the ranger bonuses to hit.

Odds are still in their (the barbarian and the ranger) favor to go first due to advantage on initiative checks.

I would also presume that any encounter against Moloch will begin with the PCs needing to make a DC 21 Wisdom saving throw or become Stunned for 1 minute, regardless of their initiative because of the Symbol spell that Moloch can cast 1/day... Each day of advanced knowledge that Moloch has will enable him cast another Symbol spell. If the whole party fails their Saving Throw for the Symbol spell, Moloch will have the 1 Minute he needs to cast a DC 21 Geas spell on whomever he thinks will be most effective at murdering the other PCs. That coupled with him being able to drop a DC 21 Stinking Cloud after the first PCs Initiative makes for a pretty bleak scenario regardless of the strength of the party... AND even though they are stunned he can still use his Legendary Actions to relentlessly Whip Attack them to death while he casts Geas (30 Whip Attacks in 1 Minute using his Legendary Actions).:devil:

I don't see any of this working out well for any group of overconfident adventurers.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads