• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Archer Fighters?

Cheesepie

First Post
It is not possible to build an archer with the current incarnation of the fighter class. Your best option would be to take some armor proficiency feats and go with the ranger.

Thasmodious

First Post
Yeah, not really an option. A fighter is a meleeist, most of his powers are melee only. It's hard to be a defender from 20 squares away. Ranger, rogue, maybe warlord (not sure, haven't studied their powers yet) would be your options for an archer.

Cheesepie

First Post
hong said:
You can certainly build an archer in 4E. Which specific class you use to build it with shouldn't matter.
This is a good point!

I think what he wants though is a heavily-armoured soldier-type archer rather than hit-and-run-tactics ranger-type archer.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Cheesepie said:
This is a good point!

I think what he wants though is a heavily-armoured soldier-type archer rather than hit-and-run-tactics ranger-type archer.
It's easy enough to take some armor proficiency feats.

Cheers, -- N

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
hong said:
You can certainly build an archer in 4E. Which specific class you use to build it with shouldn't matter.

That's basically the way I feel. Especially since there are enough feats that if you really wanted to have an archer walking around in heavier armor, it's not difficult to get.

Andur

First Post
It's called a Paladin, just don't let the lack of using a bow discourage you... Ranged Radiant Attacks = Divine Archer... ;)

Vendark

First Post
Nifft said:
It's easy enough to take some armor proficiency feats.

Cheers, -- N

Not very optimal, though. You'd be giving up one of the benefits of that high Dexterity.

I'd stick with hide armor and conceptualize it as "ringmail" with DM permission.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads