Are you old school?

green slime

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
...back in about '95, ...

What do you mean "back in about '95"???

That was just yesterday... or at most a week ago...

Have you even experienced black and white television?

Damn, I am getting old...

novyet

First Post
We're getting ready to try hackmaster for the first time, once the last of the hacklopedia series is out, now I'm really looking forward to trying out the hackified versions of all the classic 1e adventures. It's gonna be sweet! :)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Nostalgialert!

William Ronald said:
There are tons of good ideas in the series for adventures... There is even a world where the sun does not shine and vampires rule the land. I think some of the ideas for the Ravenloft setting might have come out of this.

I just recently downloaded the pdf of "Dwellers of the Forbidden City" (one of the few titles missing from my old-school library) and I found this interesting quote in the "Further Adventures" section:

After passing through a misty tunnel, the characters find themselves in the lair of large, intelligent, humanoid bats...

Deep Horizon!

Wulf

Tace

First Post
I am old school. When I DM a campaign for a new group, I always incorporate Keep on the Borderland.

I have never played the classics, such as White Plume Mountain, or the Temple of Elemental Evil. (but I would jump at the chance regardless of the D&D edition the DM wanted to run it as.)

As a result, my favorites were never the official modules. Instead they were the adventures that were in Dragon Magazine. Chagmat, The Halls of Belledur, Valley of the Earth Mother, etc...

A lot of them were cheesy dungeon crawls but man were they fun!

Tace, whose nostalgia meter is starting to redline.

Noah Kolman

First Post
Good News

Hey,

From the sound of it, it looks like many of you will enjoy are upcoming HackMaster releases. In March/April will come the HackMaster module B2: Little Keep on the Borderlands. There are also plans for a module series tentatively titled Annihilate the Giants. I think you will enjoy all of it.

Mixmaster

Explorer
"There are also plans for a module series tentatively titled Annihilate the Giants. "

LOL!! LOVE the name!! You publish that Noah, I'm buying it!!

:D :D :D

Hard8Staff

First Post
We're also busily writing "Robinloft" and "Smackdown the Slavers".

Ah, this will be a fun year.

And for those that liked B1 (it was my first one too, EN), ever wonder what happened JUST after Rogahn and Zelligar left? Well this puppy takes place not a generation later, but about a YEAR after they left!

And YES, it has the room of pools as well as the "magic mica boulder".

...You'll also find out what the deal was with Rogahn and his "mistress", why the dungeon had so many non-sensical elements (why the hall of doors and random mazes in someone's hideout?), the truth about the "garden", who the hell "Erig" was, what happened to the cook, why Zelligar built a teleport room, why construction was not complete, what happened to the tower pictured on the back cover (but myseriously not in the module) and more!

The library rocks, the traps are better...the whole thing is just great. It took about 5 four hour sessions on average to play the whole adventure.

And yes, there's still a player handout.

Dave

PS Remember the booming magic mouths at the entryway?

Lazybones

Adventurer
I can't believe it's been almost twenty years since I first played.

I guess that makes me old school, or just old.

Anybody remember an old Judges Guild module called "The Caverns of Thracia"? That was an old school dungeon crawl if ever there was one.

All those old "alphabet" modules (at least any with a number less than 5) are classics.

Lazybones

Remove ads