Are you old school?

The Green Man

First Post
Queen of the Spiders

Trevalon Moonleirion said:
Are the old GDQ and A series adventures worth the 5 bucks to get the PDF?

If you do, do what I did and buy the "Queen of the Spiders" set. It contains the 7 adventures in the GDQ series. It's easier than buying 7 individual ESDs.

My players (well, one of them) said they're in the mood for an old-fashioned dungeon crawl. I'm thinking of springing Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil on them, followed by maybe the Slavers-GDQ series. Not to mention Gygax's Necropolis, when that comes out.

BTW, is there a similar collection of the A-series Slaver modules available as a download? Or must I purchase them individually?

Geoffrey

First Post
Hard8Staff said:
And for those that liked B1 (it was my first one too, EN), ever wonder what happened JUST after Rogahn and Zelligar left? Well this puppy takes place not a generation later, but about a YEAR after they left!

And YES, it has the room of pools as well as the "magic mica boulder".

...You'll also find out what the deal was with Rogahn and his "mistress", why the dungeon had so many non-sensical elements (why the hall of doors and random mazes in someone's hideout?), the truth about the "garden", who the hell "Erig" was, what happened to the cook, why Zelligar built a teleport room, why construction was not complete, what happened to the tower pictured on the back cover (but myseriously not in the module) and more!

The library rocks, the traps are better...the whole thing is just great. It took about 5 four hour sessions on average to play the whole adventure.

And yes, there's still a player handout.

Dave

PS Remember the booming magic mouths at the entryway?

This sounds grade A wonderful. I'm old school, having started gaming back in 1980. My only regret is that I didn't start earlier, like in 1974. B1 was always my favorite 1st-level module, hands down. Even better than B2 (which is great).

Keep up the good work, guys!

Remove ads