Are you ready for some Football (Americano)!

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Yes, in these rules each team gets the ball at least once....but after that it is sudden death if they are tied after the first two possessions.

I also agree it isn't clear cut what to do, but I want the extra information about what I need to do. Plus, really, against KC? I'm going for it on 4th down and less than 7 or 8, because they are scoring a TD....
Then I think I want the ball first.

When I’m not on my phone I’ll give better analysis for why. My only other consideration is if my defense is gassed.

But it’s because you normally stop going for it on 4th down when you are in a position to tie (you’ll kick the field goal or punt). So knowing what you need to do gives you an huge advantage to tie it, but not nearly that big of an advantage to win it. And then when you factor in the advantage of the team that gets the ball first in sudden death - that more than offsets any advantage you got from getting the ball 2nd IMO.

R_J_K75

Legend
Also the only the other Super Bowl to go into Overtime.
Kind of hard to believe that after 58 years its only happened twice.
I imagine there were a lot of Atlanta fans who drank to forget that game too
I thought for sure going into the 4th quarter Atlanta was going to win. I had no stake in the game other than I couldn't stand the Patriots because they beat the Bills for like 20 years straight up until a few years ago AFAIR.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I thought for sure going into the 4th quarter Atlanta was going to win. I had no stake in the game other than I couldn't stand the Patriots because they beat the Bills for like 20 years straight up until a few years ago AFAIR.
Oh, so I see you have a history of drinking to forget football games :p

Remove ads