[Arsenal Contest] Cyme vs. Quillathe in the monastery training grounds

A desperate full attack yields a hit (rapier: 13 +15 = 28), and two misses (rapier: 12 + 10 = 22; whip: 2 + 16 = 18. The one successful rapier thrust hits for 2d6+2 = 10 damage.

Keoki

First Post
Endgame

Pierced by his foe's ice-cold rapier, Cyme's eyes go blood-red with anger. Drawing back his fist, he smashes it into Quillathe's skull for a critical threat (20 + 16 = 36), but not a critical hit (9 + 16 = 25). Unless she has the Diehard feat, she now lies hemorraging to death on the ground. Damage: 9 (1 + 5 + 3 = 9).

"It is unfortunate that you had such a death wish. But you fought well."

I've never had one of my characters hemmorage before. *nervous grin* I knew it was going to happen, but I agreed to draw with Bigwilly, so I didn't want a repeat. Still, good showing, and good tactics. The others who outright beat Quillathe won on superior attack bonuses or damage. You outwitted her, and I respect this victory most of all.

You were also the most friendly of her opponents.

Post your email address on the forum on the main page, and we'll send along your prizes.

Keoki

First Post
I felt a bit guilty for winning, since we are trying to promote the Whips book. I really wanted Spiked Chains too, though :D . I'm thinking about making my next character a whipmaster now. I think the reason Quillathe lost most of the duels is due to no fault of yours and certainly not because of anything from Whips, but simply because all the challengers were able to make characters designed to beat just one opponent, while you were unable to focus so narrowly. Had I been less prepared for her Quillathe's abilities (not impossible to disarm, easier to trip, etc.), you probably would have creamed me. In any case, thanks for the contest. It was a lot of fun.

Oh, and I'll be happy to write a review of Whips (and/or Spiked Chains) when I get it. How should I post it?

Remove ads