[Arsenal Contest] Cyme vs. Quillathe in the monastery training grounds

Keoki

First Post
Who knows?

(Who knows what these characters know about each other? How did Cyme know that Quillathe was a whip expert and to take away her whip?)

Keoki

First Post
Forgetting the lost rapier for the moment, Cyme darts forward and slams his head into the elf's (14 +16 = 30) for 9 points of damage (4 + 2 + 3 = 9). As she reels from the human's surprisingly hard head, the monk launches a vicious kick to the mid-section, but Quillathe manages to catch his foot and shove it away (3 + 11 = 14).

Quillathe: 21 hp
Cyme: 46 hp

Quillathe tumbles diagonally away 10 ft. (so that her fallen rapier is 15 ft. away directly, or 20 ft. away if I have to go around Cyme). Then she attacks with Combat Expertise for 5, so her AC is 30, and her attack bonus is +13.

Attack roll is 3 +15 = miss.

Quillathe tumbles back to the space where her rapier lays, and she spends a move action to pick it up.

She smiles smugly. "Care to give my whip back and make this a fair fight?"

Keoki

First Post
Fair?

"A fair fight?" smiles Cyme. "But I'd be completely unarmed, dear lady!"

Flipping back to Quillathe, he lands a snap kick to the elf's gut (14 +16 = 30), knocking the wind out of her (5 + 1 + 3 = 9 damage).

"However, I would consider sharing that little trophy up there if you'd like to end this now. Unless you can think of a reason we can't both benefit from the knowledge?"

Quillathe: 12 hp
Cyme: 46 hp

Quillathe is too aggressive and arrogant to consider surrendering until things are more dire, and a man with no weapons (except her own whip) just isn't that intimidating. Actually, she's tired of running, so she stays and full attacks.

Rapier (at +15/+10). 16+15=31, 3+10 = 13. One hit, one miss, for 2d6+2 = 10 damage.
Bladed Whip (at +16). 17+16=33. One hit, for d6+1 = 6 damage.

Sneering at the offer for a truce, Quillathe attacks with her unorthodox whip and rapier combo, lashing at Cyme's arms with her whip to try to open up his guard, then thrusting with her rapier for his vitals. Cyme is not worried by the light cuts from the bladed whip, and he deflects a thrust aimed for his heart into a simple graze along his leg.

Cyme is at 30, Quillathe at 12.

Keoki

First Post
"Have it your way. But let it not be said I didn't offer you the chance."

Cyme swings two kicks at Quillathe, one with each leg. The first one connects (15 + 16 = 31) for 11 points of damage (2 + 6 + 3 = 11), but the second one goes wide (12 + 11 = 23).

Damn! One hp more and it would've been over. Oh well, do your worst :mad:

Last edited:

Remove ads