Assassin City - DM Discussion Thread

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Dire Lemming said:
Ok. Something to put into a disturbingly decadent section at some point. :D

Oh hey, that's right! What do you say to this? Laradin is ruled by a fifteen year old queen who is mostly just a figurehead! And another random idea! It's fairly common for men to take their wives' last names. Not really prevalent, but no one local will be all that surprised by it. Oh yeah, and the royal color, what's the royal color? If you don't have one let's make it purple. They apparently have allot of snails in Laradin. :p
Yeah those are all good :D . Don't mind if I snatch those to my own games too :cool: ;) ?

Last edited:

Blackrat

Oh, and that's one freaking smelly job of making purple dye. Whoever does that will be rich to the extreme but smells so bad that no-one wants to socialize with him :lol: .

Blackrat

I went and wrote quick rules for garrote. I just made them up so they haven't been playtested or anything. See if you like. If there's something in need of clarifying do ask.

[sblock]To use a garrote you need to first be able to catch your victim in a way that he is unable to defend himself properly (meaning that he is denied dex for his AC). You must also be able to reach for your victims neck, that means the victim can't be more than one size category larger than you, unless it is lying down or you can attack from above.

If these conditions apply you can try to make a special garrote attack:
-First you make a melee touch attack which provokes an AoO. If you don't hit the attempt fails.
-You make opposed grapple checks with your victim. If you win the check you begin strangling the victim. If you lose the victim manages to free himself. (Different types of garrote give modifiers to this check)
-A strangling victim must make a fortitude save of DC 15 to prevent his throat from rupturing. The save must be repeated each round, with the DC increasing by +1 for each previous success. Also every round he succeeds the save you need to make a new grapple check to see if he manages to free himself.
-When the victim fails one of these fortitude checks, he begins to suffocate. In the first round, he falls unconscious (0 hit points). In the following round, he drops to -1 hit points and is dying. In the third round, he dies.

Different garrotes:

-Improvised Garrote (rope, rolled towel etc): -2 penalty on grapple checks to maintain garrote attack.
-Normal Garrote (String with loops on both end) no bonus on grapple checks to maintain garrote attack.
-Wire Garrote (Wire with handles) +2 bonus on grapple checks to maintain garrote attack.
-Locking Garrote (Wire Garrote with a locking mechanism) -4 on the first grapple check because you need to consentrate on locking it to place. But after that you can leave the victim and he needs to make grapple checks against your normal grapple bonus.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Ok. I did check these out. They look good, I just need some way to make stats for NPCs without making up a whole character sheet, otherwise every battle would end up taking days to start.

Blackrat

I could probably help you out with that. I have e-tools and it can make stock-npc's pretty quick. If you send me an email (I have the option enabled on the en world), I get automatically your email address and can send statblocks to you when you tell what sort of npc you want. The statblocks that e-tools write are not conclusive, but they give you most what you could need.

Remove ads