Int: 10 +0 (2p.) Speed: 20'
Wis: 16 +3 (10p.)
Cha: 16 +2 (08p.+1 4th lvl) ACP: ? Spell Fail %: 0%

I'll finish the rest up tomorrow.
[/sblock]

dog45

First Post
Moonstone Spider:
That's a cool concept, no doubt. Thing is, Savage Species is a 3.0 book, and its so broken they should have sold it with a toolbox. So its back to the drawing boards. If you're dead set on playing a non-standard race, the savage progressions archive on the wizards website breaks down some of the Monster Manual creatures. As far as role in the party, I think another mage or rogue would be fine, or another tank.

Insight:
Split it up with +2 at 1st and +2 at 4th. Is your character's name X?

Aurora:
Good start. I look forward to seeing the rest.

dog45

First Post
Kobold Stew:
[sblock] "If monkeys were evil and could speak, they'd be a lot like jungle goblins." that's funny. The jungle goblin is okay, as well as the wilderness rogue. By simple Barbarian, I'm guessing you mean the variant on pg 58? If so, that's ok too.

Feel free to make your character and post it here, but I don't know if you'll get to play. Chances are someone will drop, (its the nature of playing on the internet) so stick around.
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
dog45 said:
Insight:
Split it up with +2 at 1st and +2 at 4th. Is your character's name X?

OK that'll work. I'll adjust my character post.

Yeah, his/her name is X. This is part of my character concept. The doppelganger doesn't really have a true identity, so he tells his friends to call him X. He doesn't acquire a real unique name until becoming a 'true' doppelganger (Level 8 in the Monster Class progression). Until then, he's just X.

But... he/she does create identities when changing form. For example, if the doppelganger adopts the form of a female half-elven bard, she always has a certain name. And so forth. I'll list these identities on the character sheet as they are developed.

I guess this would also be a good time to ask about characters' knowledge/familiarity with each other. Have we adventured together before?

dog45

First Post
Allright X, good to have you. Yes, you all have adventured together before. So you'd be familiar with the characters personalities and basic tactics. Once I get everyones character and backstory turned in, I'll post a little intro that will bring the campaign up to speed.

Kularian

First Post
I'll get up my history and bio up either tonight or tomorrow morning. I thank you for being generous for the Aasimar, and my argument comes from the fact that in the link I specified, it says:
Thereafter, the character can take levels in her racial class in order to gain her full complement of racial abilities.

So that's where my assumption came from. But books always over-rule online sources, right? I think that's the rule. But yeah, the bio should be done soon, hopefully.

dog45

First Post
Well, I said I'd keep recruitment open till next wednesday. So those who don't have their characters completed can use that as a deadline, though I would like to start sooner. I'll start a RG thread, but please don't post your character there until its get my approval.

edit: Difflam, Kularian, Insight and D.Shaffer please post your character in the Character Thread.

Last edited:

dog45 said:
Moonstone Spider:
That's a cool concept, no doubt. Thing is, Savage Species is a 3.0 book, and its so broken they should have sold it with a toolbox. So its back to the drawing boards. If you're dead set on playing a non-standard race, the savage progressions archive on the wizards website breaks down some of the Monster Manual creatures. As far as role in the party, I think another mage or rogue would be fine, or another tank.
Hmm, I was under the impression that Savage Species was broken towards gimping anybody who used it but if that was overpowered I'm sorry.

I've gone over the Savage Progression and come up with this:

[sblock]
Marika Gemhand, Dwarf Half-Fey 1 Rogue 4
<Size> <Type>, <Alignment>,
<age>, <height>, <weight>, <sex>, <color> eyes, <color> skin, <color>

hair, <other>

STR: 10 (+0) (2pts)
DEX: 20 (+5) (13pts, +1 Level Bonus, +2 Racial)
CON: 13 (+1) (5pts)
INT: 14 (+2) (6pts)
WIS: 10 (+0) (2pts)
CHA: 12 (+1) (4pts)

Hit Points: 4d8+4
Hit Dice: 4d8+4 (27 hp)
Speed: 20ft
Initative: +9 (+5 DEX, +4 Feat)
AC: 20 (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +5 DEX, +0 Size, +0 Natural, +0 <other>;

touch 15, flat-footed 15)
BAB/Grapple: +3/+3

Fort: +1 (+1 Base, +0 CON, +2 vs all spells, +6 vs enchantment spells)
Ref: +9 (+4 Base, +5 DEX, +2 vs all spells, +6 vs enchantment spells)
Will: +1 (+1 Base, +0 WIS, +2 vs all spells, +6 vs enchantment spells)

Attacks:
  • Sap +3 melee (1d6+0 x2)
  • Throwing Axe +3 melee (1d6+0 x2)
  • Light Crossbow +8 ranged, 80' (1d8+0 19-20x2)

Special Attacks:
  • Sneak Attack +2d6
  • Point Blank Shot +9 to hit and +1 Damage

Special Abilities:
  • Dwarf Abilities
  • No encumbrance or Armor penalties.
  • Darkvision 60 feet.
  • Stonecunning
  • Weapon Familiarity: dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes are

martial weapons.
  • Stability: +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull

rushed or tripped when standing on the ground.
  • +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
  • +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like

effects.
  • +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.
  • +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type.
  • +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or

metal items.
  • +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
  • Half-Fey Abilities
  • Charm person at will
  • hypnotism 1/day
  • Detect law 3/day
  • Rogue Abilities
  • Trapfinding
  • Evasion
  • Sneak Attack +2d6
  • Trap Sense +1
  • Disruptive Attack (PHB 2 variant, replaces uncanny dodge)

Skills: (70 points, max ranks 7/3)
  • Open Lock +17 (7 Ranks, +5 dex, +5 Competence bonus)
  • Disarm Device +12 (7 Ranks, +5 dex, +0 <bonus>)
  • Use Magic Device +8 (7 Ranks, +1 Cha, +0 <bonus>)
  • Disarm Device +12 (7 Ranks, +5 dex, +0 <bonus>)
  • Tumble +12 (7 Ranks, +5 dex, +0 <bonus>)
  • Search +9 (7 Ranks, +2 Int, +0 <bonus>)
  • Use Rope +12 (7 Ranks, +5 dex, +0 <bonus>)
  • Move Silently +12 (7 Ranks, +5 dex, +0 <bonus>)
  • Bluff +8 (7 Ranks, +1 cha, +0 <bonus>)
    [*]Diplomacy +10 (7 Ranks, +1 cha, +2 synergy bonus)

Feats:
  • Point Blank Shot
  • Improved Initiative

Languages:
  • Common
  • Dwarven
  • Gnome
  • Goblin

Equipment:
  • Mithril Shirt (1100gp, ACP 0, AC +4, Max Dex +6 10lbs.)
  • Masterwork Buckler (15gp, ACP 0, AC +1, 5lbs.)
  • Light Crossbow (35gp, 1d8 Damage, 19-20x2 crit, 80' range, 12lbs.)
  • 3x Throwing Axe (24gp, 1d6 Damage, x2 crit, 10' range, 2lbs.)
  • Rust Bag of Tricks(3000gp, 5lbs.)
  • Masterwork Thieve's Tools(100gp, 1lbs.)
  • Rations (10 Days) (5gp, 10lbs)
  • Waterskin (1gp, 4lbs)
  • Backpack (2gp, 2lbs)
  • Ring of Lockpicking (4500gp, -lbs)
  • 218 Gold Coins (4lbs)
Total Spent: 8782
Total weight carried -- 53 lbs.
Light load -- 33lbs., medium -- 66lbs., heavy -- 100lbs., lift --

200lbs., push -- 500lbs.

XP: XXX,XXX / XXX,XXX

Appearance:
An unusually slender Dwarf with no beard, Marika is clearly exotic

with purely black eyes that swim with copper sparkles.

Personality:
Marika Gemhand is outgoing and friendly towards most, lacking the usual dwarven closemouthed tendencies. She is eager to please and slightly lacking in self-esteem, although adventuring may fix that. She's quite hopeful of sprouting wings soon and proud to be one of the only two half-dwarf half-fey in the world.

Background:
Marika's father was the Dwarf Brjost Coalhand, known to be a remarkably lazy (and inept) individual who lacked the prized dwarven qualities of industry and skill. As part of a get-rich-quick plan, he schemed to enchant a rich widow with a spell and get her to support him in the life of comfort and ease he deserved. Unfortunately at the moment he cast the spell, instead of the widow a Fey merchant who had gotten lost in the dwarven tunnels came around instead, and was enchanted. After the whole tale came out, and much diplomatic argument with the Fey Matriarch, Brjost was forced to support his new wife and her two children under a close guard. Undeterred by his failure, Brjost trained the twins to be thieves who would steal for him and thus support his laziness that way. When the kids were caught and the truth came out the irritated Dwarven council had him executed for continuing to endanger the fragile accord with the touchy Fey who were important suppliers of Darkwood to Dwarven crafters.
With Brjost gone, and himself the only living member of his clan aside from his wife and children, his family name of Coalhand was removed from the halls in disgrace and the family renamed Gemhand in hoeps of removing the shame he had brought on them. As dwarves are quite fond of children, even half-racial ones, they recieved a decent community upbringing from several kindly neighbors but their skills were permanently bent towards a more adventuresome line and each of them joined a different team of adventurers in hopes of earning wealth and fame for the newly formed family of Gemhand.

Notes:
XXXXX

[/sblock]

Remove ads