D&D 5E Assualt on Dire Wood [OOC]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
For the record, I disagree with Steve on Trampling Charge -- pretty much on all particulars and for reasons stated above. As it is, with this character and in this particular case, Trampling Charge is a cute, non-gamebreaking power. One I really enjoy using. Let's just let it be and get back to enjoying all the cool stuff we can all do in this game called D&D.

FYI, I see this as an interesting intellectual debate, and I disagree with you on the details, but it's respectful disagreement. I do think you've created a great character and you role-play him wonderfully!
Cheers,

SG

3SpdDragster

First Post
As it is, with this character and in this particular case, Trampling Charge is a cute, non-gamebreaking power. One I really enjoy using. Let's just let it be and get back to enjoying all the cool stuff we can all do in this game called D&D.

"Commanding an animal to perform a task or trick that it knows" was a DC10 Move action in both 3.5 and Pathfinder.

Bold emphasis mine. For me this is the major point. So sacrifice 1 attack and DC 10 command to get the horse to attack, trampling is all fine by me.

Also, for ease with pBp both you and the horse can act on the same initiative.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Not that you need my vote but I think that is a good solution, I think it is important for players to enjoy the game.

I would like to get past this point, also I am not one for rules lawyering and questioning of every action every character takes, let us just enjoy the narrative.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Sure... although I'm sure it would be rather tough to hit a prone creature from a horse. The mechanics would get clumsy though...

Last edited:

3SpdDragster

First Post
[sblock=religion/arcana15]

For those who made DC 15.

The creatures bear a striking resemblance to a devil hybrid called a Cambion, however, it is not common at all for them to be orc hybrids.

Both Cambions tried to plane shift, an ability they have. For some reason it didn't work. [/sblock]

Bumble's Detect Magic:

The cambion, C1: A ring glows with abjuration magic and the long sword glows with transmutation magic.
The cambion, C2: Cloak with abjuration and the broach holding it also has abjuration magic.

Orcs: One of the Orcs has magical fur boots, transmutation

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[sblock=religion/arcana15]

For those who made DC 15.

The creatures bear a striking resemblance to a devil hybrid called a Cambion, however, it is not common at all for them to be orc hybrids.

Both Cambions tried to plane shift, an ability they have. For some reason it didn't work. [/sblock]

Bumble's Detect Magic:

The cambion, C1: A ring glows with abjuration magic and the long sword glows with transmutation magic.
The cambion, C2: Cloak with abjuration and the broach holding it also has abjuration magic.

Orcs: One of the Orcs has magical fur boots, transmutation

Hey [MENTION=6805287]3SpdDragster[/MENTION], are you using the "more difficult identification" magic item rules (DMG p136) or can any character readily spot that magic items have something "wonderful" about them? I'll wait for your answer before I have Dorn do or say anything about the magic items.
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Remove ads