D&D 5E Assualt on Dire Wood [OOC]

3SpdDragster

First Post
I'm fine with both. FYI, my spouse is expecting our first child and she is ready to burst, so I may unexpectedly disappear for a few days as I experience the wonders of fatherhood for the first time ;-)

Also, I've updated my character, and decided to go with the optional array. This will make for an interesting character (a fighter with 6 str ;-). I also optimized and completed the equipment.

Cheers,

SG

Congrats SG, hope it all goes smoothly. :)

One thing with your character, Bracers of Archery gives a +2 to damage rolls not to hit.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Congrats SG, hope it all goes smoothly. :)

One thing with your character, Bracers of Archery gives a +2 to damage rolls not to hit.

Thanks ;-)

Oh, I must have misread, sorry. This changes things a bit, so I'll take a look at other appropriate magic items. I may revisit the xbow expert feat, but I'm not sure. I'll settle the matter tomorrow if ok.
Thanks and cheers,

SG

3SpdDragster

First Post
Thanks ;-)

Oh, I must have misread, sorry. This changes things a bit, so I'll take a look at other appropriate magic items. I may revisit the xbow expert feat, but I'm not sure. I'll settle the matter tomorrow if ok.
Thanks and cheers,

SG

No rush mate, thought it might have an impact.

3SpdDragster

First Post
Great,
Do you plan to open a RG?
BTW, I will be away on a business trip to the US till the 18th Dec.

Roy

Hey Roy, no, in the first post of the thread I have links to where you posted your final character submission. So make sure any changes you make are to the linked post.

All, I plan on doing intros later today. It make take a day or two to finish them all and I will set them up in an IC thread. There will be a link in the first post of this thread.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
No rush mate, thought it might have an impact.

Ok, this is what I'm leaning towards: it was mentioned before that it was ok to combine 2 uncommon magic items, so if acceptable, I will go for a cloak of the mantha ray combined with a cloak of elvenkind. The cloak of elvenkind has a nice thematic feel for my character and advantage on stealth checks to hide & disadvantage to perception to spot him will play on his strength (bonus action (cunning action) to hide and regular action to attack with advantage and sneak will be very nice, combined with the -5 attack +10 damage will make him a very effective, damage dealing archer). The manta ray part is really for fluff (kinda useless, but I like it), and while the necklace of adaptation would be mechanically better (covers more potential attacks), I wanted something that gave my character a swim speed, again because of his background.

I think I will stick with the sharpshooter feat, and will definitely be taking the xbow expert feat the next time I can ;-)

Does this work?
Thanks and cheers,

SG

3SpdDragster

First Post
Ok, this is what I'm leaning towards: it was mentioned before that it was ok to combine 2 uncommon magic items, so if acceptable, I will go for a cloak of the mantha ray combined with a cloak of elvenkind. The cloak of elvenkind has a nice thematic feel for my character and advantage on stealth checks to hide & disadvantage to perception to spot him will play on his strength (bonus action (cunning action) to hide and regular action to attack with advantage and sneak will be very nice, combined with the -5 attack +10 damage will make him a very effective, damage dealing archer). The manta ray part is really for fluff (kinda useless, but I like it), and while the necklace of adaptation would be mechanically better (covers more potential attacks), I wanted something that gave my character a swim speed, again because of his background.

I think I will stick with the sharpshooter feat, and will definitely be taking the xbow expert feat the next time I can ;-)

Does this work?
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Works for me, no problems at all.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Works for me, no problems at all.

Cool, thanks! The munchkin in me wanted to go Weapon of Warning instead of the cloak of the manta ray. With another level in rogue (assassin archetype), that first surprise round would have been mighty potent!
Damn role playing compulsions! I hope I will at least get to use the manta ray's properties at least once ;-)
Thanks again and cheers,

SG

3SpdDragster

First Post
Ok guys, the IC thread is up. I have made intro posts for you in pairs at this stage. Feel free to RP as you want over the next few days. I will join you all up in high forest on Tue/Wed to get the whole team together and do the official intro to the campaign.

3SpdDragster

First Post
All three stories will merge in two days (in-game) time. If the characters have anything in particular they want to do/ask then feel free to post.

Otherwise in 24hrs I will get all 6 together and we can go from there.

Remove ads