• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Attack Page warning?!

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Well, just wanted to chime in saying I've been skipping the warnings and just reading the threads, like normal. I've just run two scans on my PC, and nothing bad so far. But, I do have AdBlock, so if it's from the ads, I don't think I'll be in much danger, anyways. Just wanted to throw that out there to people, so they can choose to risk it or not based on my experience.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Don't know if this is worrysome, but figured you should know.

When trying to open EN World in a new tab in Firefox (I needed to check something out and didn't want to leave the page I was on), I got this:
Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.enworld.org has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.
The window I'm currently in has been opened since yesterday. That message popped up on the first time I tried to access it today.

I REALLY hope whoever if f**kin' with you gets bored and knocks it off soon. Gettin' really annoying.

The actual page I was trying to get to was my Settings. Dunno if that matters/helps.

--SD

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
When going to get the details of the situation...here's what pops up:

What is the current listing status for www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-pathfinder?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 19 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-11-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-11-30.Malicious software includes 3 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 7 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including igitalspintssorysmen.net/, domainpostmethods.net/.
1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including kattycatyd.org/.
This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS30221 (T3COM), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-pathfinder did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
Next steps:

Hope any of this helps. Means next to nuthin' to me.
--SD

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Just an update: I keep bypassing the warnings, and I just ran another scan for any malware/viruses, and came up clean. So, the malware warning may not be fixed on the site yet, but I haven't had any negative consequence of using it anyways. And, just to remind people, I do have AdBlock, so that might help me avoid the offending ads, if they are indeed the problem, so your results may differ. As always, play what you like :)

Elf Witch

First Post
Just an update: I keep bypassing the warnings, and I just ran another scan for any malware/viruses, and came up clean. So, the malware warning may not be fixed on the site yet, but I haven't had any negative consequence of using it anyways. And, just to remind people, I do have AdBlock, so that might help me avoid the offending ads, if they are indeed the problem, so your results may differ. As always, play what you like :)

How do you get around it? The only choice I get is go back no matter what I do I can get on the that [art of the site.

Ahnehnois

First Post
How do you get around it? The only choice I get is go back no matter what I do I can get on the that [art of the site.
Click "advanced" and then "proceed at your own risk" (in Chrome). At least, if that's what you want to do. You have to keep doing it for every thread so it's kind of a pain, but nothing happened to me when I did it.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Ahnehnois covered what I've been doing to get around it. I use Chrome, and to get around it in Chrome, you click on Advanced, then on "proceed at your own risk". And, yes, the warnings are up for me even now, but I still haven't had any issues from any scans I've done.

Remove ads