[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - OOC

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
I picture true names as quite long and complex... Anyone else have a different take?

Something like...

Javondarioranam'anderiel-elbobadantenmeranannon

Rybaer

First Post
Cordo said:
I picture true names as quite long and complex... Anyone else have a different take?

Something like...

Javondarioranam'anderiel-elbobadantenmeranannon

I kinda picture it as varying widely by culture. Yours might be really long and unwieldy (see above). Perhaps a litorian's might be more Native American (Red Elk Jumping). Another culture's might be short, but different from ordinary names (Tuth).

Do as you like. Be inventive if it can add some color to your history.

Last edited:

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Kajamba Lion said:
If anyone wants to combine their character concept with mine (litorian bodyguard?), let me know. I'm not necessarily looking for a character that wants a bodyguard, but I want to check with everyone before Khajom "adopts" someone. :p
Well as it says on pg. 43 "Many Magisters would sacrifice much ot get an oathsworn bodyguard/companion." ;) I haven't done much thinking on Pyior's background yet except for the fact that his driving facination (besides magic) is dangerous creatures, and that he is working on a beastiary (with anatomically accurate popup illusions).

rangerjohn

Explorer
I still think I'll go with human snake warrior with one of my feats being natural swordsman. Can someone email me the snake warrior and tell me generally about feats and talents, as well as skills that have changed. Oh, any new equipment a lightly armored warrior would be interested in having.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
mirthcard said:
Looking over the Giant & Greenbond pdfs, I'm wondering if it would be easier for me to just take one level in Giant to begin with and when we level up take Greenbond (or something else) then? I should have the AU book by that point. Let me know what you think...
But, but, but... 1d8+1 healing three times per day... :)

Rybaer

First Post
Y'all might want to check this out. Monte Cook's design diary entry today has some info about the Diamond Throne setting as well as a map of the continent. Could be useful in developing some background materials for your character if you want to be from a more distant city.

edit:
The module is set in the area just to the Southwest of De-Shamod (in the very center of the map). The river on the map is the Ghostwash.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Cordo said:
Well as it says on pg. 43 "Many Magisters would sacrifice much ot get an oathsworn bodyguard/companion." ;) I haven't done much thinking on Pyior's background yet except for the fact that his driving facination (besides magic) is dangerous creatures, and that he is working on a beastiary (with anatomically accurate popup illusions).

Point taken. :D I'm still working on my background, too, so maybe we can both write up our backgrounds and then see where they could possibly converge? Why am I thinking about that fable about the mouse and the lion and the thorn? :p Hey, that may not be a bad idea...

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
That's kind of where I was going with my post (the thorn bit). Somehow Pyior saved Khajom and the Litorian feels indebted. It would be the simplest way.

Best,
tKL

Remove ads