[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Rybaer

First Post
Those of you with the rhodin can now hear the jangling of armor echoing down the cavern. It would seem that Aurial is returning with soldiers...less than a minute away from you now. The rhodin looks like he's contemplating bolting down the other passage - Ys-Korros and Danwyn's blades the only things remotely keeping him in place.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I will tie him up again, keep a close eye on him Danwyn." Ys-Korros, reaches for the rope and man-handles the rhodin, tying his hands back behind him. "Tough luck for him, I think those coming with Aurial would have too many questions if Aurial's story did not fit. We will tell them that we are taking him with us to lead us to the others, then we can let him go once we are away from the keep not before."

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Agreed, but we will let go. After all, I did give my word." Danwyn says. He turns to Pyior, please try to convey again, we are trying to protect him, from those who now come."

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior apologizes to the Rhodin as Ys-Korros starts to tie its hands, "We sorry, we very sorry but must tie your hands just now. We WILL let you go. Ok? We promise to let you go."

After Danwyn speaks he translates "He also promise to let you go. We no let soldiers who come hurt you."

Mirth

Explorer
"Make haste and I will use my size to delay the soldiers for a bit," Ys-Baddaden says as he crouches in the cramped passageway. "Aurial and I will join you shortly."

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
The rhodin looks back at his fallen companions and the fight seems to drain back out of him.

"Fine," he says. "You tie me, but keep promise to release me. Let the soldiers keep them...they cheat at dice anyway."

Ys-Korros quickly ties the rhodin's hands behind his back while Danwyn stands vigilant for any last ditch effort to escape.

Ys-Baddaden, meanwhile, meets Aurial and a squad of four human and giant soldiers about fifty feet down the cramped passage. He cordially greets the soldiers, who all seem to relax a bit in the somewhat uncomfortable and unknown environment.

"I'm sergeant Vame," the lead human says. "The Hawksister tells me that you've captured some rhodin. I would very much like to see where the vermin have been hiding and...ask them some questions."

Ys-Baddaden, feeling that he's delayed them just long enough, leads them back to the small chamber. The conscious rhodin has his hands tied behind his back and is now sitting glumly on a crate. Ys-Korros didn't bother tying the others, judging that none would be capable of waking, let alone fleeing, anytime soon.

The sergeant surveys the room while the soldiers wait outside the cramped quarters. "Looks like they've been down here for a while now. They have food and bedding, so they're not just sentries. Have you learned anything from them so far?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Greetings Sergeant Vames, I am Ys-Korros. We have already begun questioning this one here and he has told us much. He has said that they were set here to wait for the return of their brothers who had went in search of reinforcements. He has also agreed to help us find them so we regret that we cannot turn him over to you. The others though have not offered their help and thus we would like you to take charge of them and please question them before you let them go." Ys-Korros offers, knowing in his heart that it is unlikely that these men will let the rhodin remain alive after they have been questioned, but it was worth a shot none the same.

Rybaer

First Post
"Reinforcements, eh?" the sergeant says, somewhat skeptically. "It's been nearly three weeks now, and our scouts haven't seen any activity in the area. When did they expect them to arrive?"

Pyior translates the question and response. "He says that they didn't know when anyone would be back, though they thought it would be before now. Their food supply has nearly run out."

"So their friends aren't nearby," Vames says. "Well, that's something, anyway. As it seems you competently dealt with these four without problem, I suppose I could leave the one in your custody. If he actually does help you find the other rhodin, I expect you to report it to me or one of other soldiers or scouts immediately. I trust you will also deal with the rhodin appropriately once you're done with him."

He orders his men to fetch the unconscious rhodin and they start trekking back to the keep. Vames turns, just before leaving. "One other question for the rhodin," he says. "How far back does this cave go and where does it empty out?"

Pyior again translates. "He says he doesn't know. They've gone back a couple hundred yards, but no further. The cave was only used by scouts until they used it to escape your attack on the keep."

Vames grunts. "Well, explore it if you like, but I'll be sending some scouts down here shortly to search in properly. Carry on." He turns on his heel and departs.

The rhodin looks slightly relieved.

Remove ads