• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
"That went better than I thought it might. So, should we continue to explore the passage or let the keep's scouts do the work? I don't have much more in me as far as spells go, but none of us are hurt either."

Mirth

Explorer
"It seems to me that the beast is telling the truth," Ys-Baddaden says after the guards have left. "If so, then our primary concern must be the retrieval of the Ebonring, not searching for enemies that are not there. I say we leave the searching to those upstairs while we press on and complete our mission."

Rybaer

First Post
Pressing on.

The rhodin's wrists are left tied together, but he is able to move on his own. (Not sure if y'all were planning on gagging him or anything else.) He puts up no fight and is cooperative in moving through the caves.

The passage is mostly natural, with only isolated areas cut out or filled in to make walking more comfortable. The giants have the most trouble, frequenly having to hunch over.

For over an hour, the group treads slowly and methodically. There have been a few wider chambers and side passes, but the tracks of the rhodin are easy to follow and continue down the main path.

Aurial is the first to hear a sound up ahead. When the group stops moving, everyone can hear faint, high-pitched chirping. It sounds like a colony of bats, which would not be out of place in a cave. The rhodin seems just as curious as everyone else.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
OOC: Does Pyior know anything with Knowledge: Dangerous Creatures (without pulling his book out)? If so he will inform the party. If not he will shrug in response to Ys-Baddaden's question.

(Jumping back in time a bit.) After walking about 15 minutes Pyior falls back to walk alongside the rhodin. "I am Pyior. What your name?"

Rybaer

First Post
Cordo said:
(Jumping back in time a bit.) After walking about 15 minutes Pyior falls back to walk alongside the rhodin. "I am Pyior. What your name?"

"Keetor," he says, glumly. He will talk a little if pressed, but most of his answers are a single word if possible.

Pyior has read about Sawtooth bats, an unusually large species that is known to live in this region. They generally eat smaller prey, but have been known to attack larger creatures when hungry or agitated. They are also reputed to live in and among colonies of smaller bat species.

Remove ads