[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
"Err, you know there is some possibility these could be sawtooth bats, it's an unusually large variety native to this region. Sawtooths are known to attack humaniods if they are hungry or agitated. Should we try to sneak through, then?"

Mirth

Explorer
Cordo said:
"Err, you know there is some possibility these could be sawtooth bats, it's an unusually large variety native to this region. Sawtooths are known to attack humaniods if they are hungry or agitated. Should we try to sneak through, then?"

"Well, sneaking in this cramped situation is not much of an option for me," Ys-Baddaden says sheepishly and shrugs his shoulders.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Right then, lets keep moving. I have got my sword ready just in case we need to bat a few of the more agressive ones away." Ys-Korros says, laughing silently at his own joke.

[ooc: sorry about the extended absence, I was on vacation, but im back now :)]

Mirth

Explorer
rangerjohn said:
"Enough talk, we have to go through, no matter what." With that Danwyn draws his sword and moves as carefully as possible towards the cave.

"Lead on," Ys-Baddaden says and shuts his mouth ;)

Rybaer

First Post
The narrow passage winds back and forth a bit before coming to a natural chamber. It is perhaps thirty feet wide and equally long, though irregular in shape. The ceiling is higher than the room is long. Everyone is overwhelmed by the pungent odor of bat guano, and it is easy to see several hundred bats clinging to the ceiling. Most of the bats are hanging motionless. A few are moving or stretching their wings.

While most of the bats are very tiny, there are at least half a dozen bats whose bodies nearly the size of a cat. Pyior's suspicions are confirmed - sawtooth bats.

Weapons in hand, the group tries to move quietly across the chamber to the continuation of the passage.

Sneak checks: Pyior 13+8=21; Ys-Baddaden 14-4=10; Danwyn 14+2-3=13; Ys-Korros 7+1-3=5; Aurial 7+10=17; rhodin 18-3=15.

The giant brothers do the party no favors in the stealthy arts. The jangling of their armor agitates a few of the bats, which in turn agitates the entire colony. It becomes a cloud of flapping and squeaking dark brown bodies. The giant bats join the fray and make threatening dives at the party while the smaller ones just fly around.

(Due to the circumstances, any attack on a giant bat has a 50% chance of hitting a smaller one instead. Assume that the exit is between 20 and 30 feet away for most of you.)

Initiative:
Aurial 29 (yeah, that's right)
Ys-Korros 18
Bats 16
Ys-Baddaden 15
Danwyn 13
Pyior 7
rhodin 4 (unarmed)

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: I guess Danwyn is just doomed to be slow. Even with improved iniative. So much for being bound to a snake. Either that or it must be freezing.

Erekose13

Explorer
Ys-Korros stays close to the rhodin, urging him to move quickly through the area and ready to knock aside any of the large bats who comes close enough to threaten either of them.

Remove ads