[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior turns to his companions and shrugs, "The Rhodin says to free him and he will tell us what he knows. I think it's worth taking a chance. He's not much of a threat to us physically, doesn't have any information on our plans. Why, even we don't know what we'll be doing once the scouts come back. Not to mention, it can't hurt to have a Rhodin out there who knows some of us can show mercy."

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Hello human.I'm Auriel the Hawksister. My companions and I are here to help clear out the keep. We encountered a group of Rhodin below and have captured them. we wanted your people to know and take them into custody. She says.

Rybaer

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Hello human.I'm Auriel the Hawksister. My companions and I are here to help clear out the keep. We encountered a group of Rhodin below and have captured them. we wanted your people to know and take them into custody. She says.

"Below where?" he asks, very intent once you mentioned rhodin. "Under the keep? You found another passage?"

The officer points to the half dozen soldiers standing around. "You men, grab your gear and find some rope. You'll be coming with me."

He turns back to Aurial. "How many were captured and how far away are they?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
The Quickling points back the way she came. There's a secret trap door through the mess here. The four Rhodin were waiting for word from thier superiors I think. I left before the actual interogation started but they were all badely wounded and we kept them from death's embrace long enough for you to decide thier fate.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I do not trust him. If we freed him I think he would just try to escape or slit our throats in the night. These rhodin are not to be trusted. They may not need to be slaughtered wholesale, but I do not think they are worthy of our lives at this point. We can bring him with us bound like that until he has a chance to prove that he can be trusted." Ys-Korros says when Pyior suggests just letting him loose.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior replies to Ys-Korros, saying "It isn't as if we have to travel with him. All we have to do is let him go in peace in exchange for the information. We could even strip him of his weapons first, as long as we live up to our word. If we continue to move him along with us bound as he is, he may never let us know what we need to know. Ys-Badadden, Danwyn, what do you think?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Alright then, without weapons and only if he gives us the information we want. I just hope he does not manage to alert the others that we might be after them. Well little brother, what do you say?" Ys-Korros says after thinking things over. He has to admit that he really likes Pyior's outlook on life, hopefully he can overcome his mistrust as much as Pyior has.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Well, call me the trusting but vengful sort. Tell him this exactly, I will free you in exchange for the information. But if I ever see you in battle again, I will show no mercy. You have seen the speed of my strikes, be warned." Danwyn says calmly.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior turns to the Rhodin and says "Ok. Tell what you know and we let you free." He then points at Danwyn, "He say no fight us again. He say if he see you fight us again, he er, strike you quick and hard. No more let free."

Rybaer

First Post
The rhodin listens to Pyior's conditions and considers them for a moment. He looks briefly at Danwyn and the giant brothers, then seems to come to a decision. (Diplomacy/Intimidation: roll 12-1+5 circumstance = 16)

"Yes, yes," the rhodin say, "I tell you. When the army attacked us, we held out for a little while. Then they started to attack from inside the keep through a secret way we never found. Many of us fled through this cave. The rest went to another cave, somewhere in the forest. I don't know where it is...only the scouts did. They say it was about a day walk to get there."

He looks at Pyior expectantly. "You let me go now? I answer questions. I answer other questions if you have them, but I don't know much. I don't know if they even made it to other cave because they never come back for us."

The officer listens to Aurial while the small squad gathers up their gear.

"So, there was a secret door back in that mess," he says. "I thought we should have checked that out closer. After a falling cabinet broke Hother's leg, the Colonel forbade anyone else to dig through there. Said he didn't think it possible for the rhodin to have fled that way. He's gonna be pissed when he hears he was wrong."

The soldiers follow Aurial through the store room and come up short at the rickety ladder in the hole. The officer orders rope be tied to some of the heavier furniture and dropped down the hole. With the rope supporting most of their weight, they are able to get to the bottom without breaking any more rungs.

"Lead on, Hawksister," the officer says.

(ooc - you'll be caught back up to the others shortly...give them another minute or two of interrogation time.)

Remove ads