• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aug '08: What are you listening too?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
A friend found this interesting CD while visiting Japan. It's called "The Black Mages" and features rock/metal versions of various Final Fantasy themes. Been listening to it for a couple days now. Other than that, my MP3 player is filled with "Rhapsody", or "Rhapsody of Fire" as it's now known.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I just learned of the Russian Singer/Group called Linda and have been putting her into heavy rotation. Kind of reminds me of Siouxsie Sioux. Now I just have to figure out where to buy the albums.

The_lurkeR

First Post
I recently came across this cool viking/pagan/folk/metal band Tyr. All their songs are related to Norse Mythology, some are in English, some in their native language.

Here's one of their songs where they filmed the video at a Viking (re-fair type) festival.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5zNK--DUDg[/ame]

Their profile at last.fm
http://www.last.fm/music/Týr

Asmo

First Post
The Crucible of Man, part 2 of the Something Wicked saga - and boy-Iced Earth does it again!
Matt Barlow is back on vocals and his performance on this record is nothing but astonishing. It was quite a while since Mastermind Jon Schaffer wrote music this good ; Crucible of Man is a perfect mix of The Dark Saga and Something Wicked This Way Comes.
If you want a good, honest heavy metal record - get this jewel.

Asmo

Last edited:

Wombat

First Post
I listened to a reading of Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen recently, but once again was struck by how much I prefer to read a book rather than simply listen to it (barring books of poetry).

Other than that, I am listening to an eclectic mix of Kate Bush, PDQ Bach, Cocteau Twins, and the Ditty Bops. ;)

Pants

First Post
Been listening to my iPod on the way to work and back. My Black Sabbath playlist (100% Dio/Ozzy), my Anthrax playlist, my GnR playlist, and my Dream Theater playlist have been in heavy rotation lately.

Remove ads