• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BADD- evaluate my dragon DM'ing? (KotSQ, Glacier Season module SPOILERS)

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
Dr Midnight said:
Thanks Old One! Some great advice there.

Also thanks to the representatives of BADD, making a nice showing here.

The PCs are going to whine like mewling kittens next session. They have misbehaved, and will be spanked.

Now- how can I calculate overland movement for this thing's flight? How many feet are in a mile?

There are 5280 feet in a mile.

Edit: Must post faster. ;)

Last edited:

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
Oh, by the way, why is a lich traveling with this adventuring party? They are evil, after all. I'd say the Dragon would likely take a special interest in the lich because of this.

Something else that I don't think has been mentioned yet is the Dragon grabbing one of the PCs not only to humilate them, but to find out exactly why they attacked it and what they are doing in it's territory.

Urbanmech

Explorer
What feats did you give the dragon? If it has power attack it should be able to devote 10 or more points to it's damage to really hurt the players. Even with this hefty investment it should still only need a 2 or 3 to hit. Also remember that it has blindsight of 360' so invisibility is pointless against it. Also an great wyrm white dragon can fly at 40 miles an hour at an easy pace. This monster easily could have stuck it out and killed all of the pc's even without a breath weapon or spell use.

To keep the party alive but teach them that 3E dragons are tough as hell wipe out the village or town where the party is staying and then all those in the surrounding 20 or so miles. This time the Knights have bitten off way more than they can chew.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
MasterOfHeaven said:
Oh, by the way, why is a lich traveling with this adventuring party? They are evil, after all. I'd say the Dragon would likely take a special interest in the lich because of this.

The lich is lawful neutral, made by a player who can be trusted to research these things and not miss a detail like that. Haven't read up enough on them myself.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Ah- HAH.

There's my biggest mistake.

You're right- it has blindsight. Hmmm. This will make things MUCH more difficult for Mr. Lichey next time.

Jezrael

First Post
Dr Midnight said:

The lich is lawful neutral, made by a player who can be trusted to research these things and not miss a detail like that. Haven't read up enough on them myself.

Sounds like FR, if so, then the lich is all okay. While not exactly common, non-evil liches do bum around the Realms from time to time.

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
Liches are required to be of evil alignment. I find it difficult to believe an adventuring party would go around with an Undead compatriot in any event. But, to each their own. Have you got any specific plans yet on what the Dragon is going to do?

Alejandro

First Post
I actually dislike option 4 (Blackmail). Regardless of what went down in the cave, exposing yourself just to wipe out a village is more dangerous for the dragon than doing a simple Sending to the king.

If I absolutely had to retaliate, I would drop an Acid Fog on the PC's keep, destroy some (not all) of the crops with Control Weather, and leave a Permanent Image of "Don't Mess With Me" in the town.

Then I would retreat to a hole a mile beneath my lair and trigger an Anti-Magic Field with a Contingency that activates if the PCs attack.

jasper

Rotten DM
THEY JUMP INTO A BAG OF HOLDING!
What no rips tears or cuts?
How big is the opening?
The dragon know they have one. Hello Thieves Guild I want that bag of holding. Run it up the flag pole when you get it.

Dear Mr. Peter Paladin,
I just notice Larry the Lich moved into Buds Bar and Grill truck stop.
A concern citizen.

Dear Archers Minion.
The bag of holding.
Plug it!
Thanks
Your boss
Ole Whitey.

Dear Mr. Bank,
Please accept my deposit of 10,000 gp. I have just heard some evil adventurers have moved into Buds Bar and Grill.
Thanks
Mr. Silverskin.

Dear Larry Lich
Jion the dark side!
Meeting at midnight under the 3rd crypt for the left on Boot hill.
Mike Minion A
Silver Skin, and Silver Skin Associates.

Dear Mr. Mayor
Subject Major Rats in town.
Check out larry Lich and his boys. Clean up your town. Or I will.
Yours truly,
Mr. D. Silverskin of the Winter Mts.

Dear Thieves Guild
Perhaps you could loan me some of your trapsmakers. In trade for body disposal.
Thanks.
Darryl White Skin of the North Pole.

dear stone mason,
Sorry had an urgent need for stone blocks.
Please bill Mr. Banker for payment.
Also I think I left them at Buds' Bar and Grill. What do I get for redeeming slightly used blocks. In need of a slight washing?
courtesy yours
Mr. D. White of Upper Mt Road.

Dear Mr. Bud, Owner of Buds' Bar and Grill,
My friends, Larry the Lich just love my special home brew. Please serve it chilled at their next meal. I am planning on a suprize birthday party for Fred fighter later this week. Please make a note of it.
Thanks,
Mr. D. Silverback of Over the Mountain.

P.S. Is your business insurance paid up?

Last edited:

Remove ads