Battle Scoreboard

Infiniti2000

First Post
Gansk said:
Yes, that's exactly right. They would get healed after each round.
More than just healed, we could just say that a second monster of the same type appears (so there spell-like abilities of 1/day, etc., would be usable again.

Regarding the money, the problem is that it would reward people who could minmax the monsters better and it would take a really long time to do it "right" because then you'd have to minmax all of them and figure out which one ends up the best so you could choose your champion properly. It would definitely require a lot more time. I'd say no additional equipment.

Gansk

Explorer
Well, it would be the same guy, but the fight would occur the next day/week or whatever. I was thinking about the equipment to help personalize each combatant, but we could just stick to giving the guy a name and some trivial stuff that I could announce when introducing him/her into the arena.

One thing that can't be avoided is some meta-gaming, since each participant can guess who their opponent will be and try to pick a monster with counter abilities (flying vs non-flying for example). But that may only help in the first round, then they may get stuck with a sub-optimal monster for the second round.

Komodo

First Post
If we do end up doing this, it should begin soon, while we still feel that deep, spiritual connection to our champion. ;)

ugulu

First Post
Q: how does the 'bouts' number keep rising? In my case, wouldn't Neutral still have to defeat the same number of lower CR Lawful Evil's to make them bump a CR? Or do you also add the victories by LE to show an increasing spread?

And have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying getting those number even? There's so many LE goons it's tough to get ahead as Neutral tends to bump first. Thank Baator for Advezzzzzzzzzzzzzpas!

Gansk

Explorer
The neutrals are at CR 4 and LE is at CR 3. I'm not going to bother to announce when LE crosses over to CR 4, only who is the first to go to CR 5. So everytime LE wins, the spread between them grows greater as LE doesn't move any closer to CR 5, while Neutral does.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Two things:

1. Can you explain the CR W/L/T? I don't understand how CN could be so far in the red when Neutral has higher CR monsters involved and more of them.

2. Another idea for a column would be L10, similar to baseball, that gives the WLT for the last ten bouts. It would be a useful guage to see how the creatures in that arena are currently faring. Once you set it up, it would be easy to update.

Gansk

Explorer
1. CN has lost 5 creatures in a row at CR 8 each, that's 40 CR's worth of creatures. Otherwise CN would be ahead in the CR score. They have also sent two extra creatures to the arena, 68 vs. 66 for Neutral.

2. I don't want to add any more columns, but I would be willing to replace the CR score with the Last 10 score if everybody agrees that it conveys more valuable/interesting information. IMO, I would say that L10 is better than CR.

Gansk

Explorer
Now that I think about it, Last 10 is not as easy to maintain as you claim. I would have to keep a running tally or research the last 10 bouts everytime, which is not something I have to do now.

I still think it is more interesting info and am willing to do it, but I won't be able to update the scoreboard as frequently as I do now.

Remove ads