Battle Scoreboard

Infiniti2000

First Post
1. Oh, duh. I'm not sure why I got confused about that. So, basically IMO the count of CR is really not useful at all. I could see you dropping all four of those columns.

2. I had assumed you kept a record of each fight since you post the wins/losses in the ToC. :)

If you desire any organizational help, let us know. I for one have spent many skill points and skill focus feats on spreadsheets and programming. ;)

Gansk

Explorer
Ugulu, I know you like to check the scoreboard from time to time to see how badly you are losing. ;) Would you like an extra reminder of your record in the last 10 bouts?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I was keeping track of this and thought I would share.
Lost is the total of losses and ties for each alignment, orginal numbers stolen from another post (which I can no longer find)

Code:
 Number Of  Monsters				
       Orginal  Lost          % defeated 			
-----------------------------------					
LG	168	40		23.8%	
LN	127	56		44.1%	
LE	319	80		25.1%	  
NG	107	34		31.8%	
TN	810	NA              NA
NE	320	43		13.4%	
CG	154	50		32.5%	
CN	170	79		46.5%	
CE	460	66		14.3%	
All:	2635	448		28.9%

ugulu

First Post
Ugulu, I know you like to check the scoreboard from time to time to see how badly you are losing. Would you like an extra reminder of your record in the last 10 bouts?
Some inner masochist would indeed enjoy it. I'd get more out of it than the CR rating. And hey, LE will probably be the easiest to track. It will be 0-10-0 most of the time, except when I can eke out a good bout to make it 0-9-1. :D

Gansk

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
I was keeping track of this and thought I would share.
Lost is the total of losses and ties for each alignment, orginal numbers stolen from another post (which I can no longer find)

The big loser is TN, which has lost 493 out of 810 monsters, or 60.8%.

These numbers are a little deceiving because not every alignment is at the same CR, but thanks for sharing. I might have some room to fit the percentage number in the scoreboard, but the original number (from GuardianLurker's post, probably in the Clubhouse thread) is a close approximation, not an exact number. So the percentages may readjust themselves once I've compiled all the monsters up to CR 20.

ugulu

First Post
Gansk: what if you stick the Last 10 number into the final post of each battle - so that when there is a victory or a draw, you just have to look at the current score, make the change, then have the post in the arena itself. Then when you want to update the master chart you already have it calc'd in each arena rather than having to do it offline?

Gansk

Explorer
I understand the intent, but I don't understand the mechanics. The hard part is knowing which battle gets bumped off the last 10. Can you give me an example of how I would keep track of that?

For example, the battle in the Hellish Arena is the indricothere vs. the tuyewera. Do you suggest that I go back to the post with the final result of that battle and edit the post with a marker? Then I wipe out the marker later and move it to the final post of the next battle?

Yeah, why not? :) :) :) OK, good suggestion. (I hope that was the suggestion.)

Infiniti2000

First Post
I'm thinking that he means whenever a battle in an arena completes, update the list.

Kind of like:

Next up for CN in round 800 is the whoever.

T T T L L L L L L L

That shows 3 ties followed by 7 losses (to that stinking rilmani -- oh, was that out loud?). At the conclusion of the next battle (CN won), you say

Coming out for Neutral is whoever.

T T L L L L L L L W

It's easy enough to look backward for the last list whenever a combat finishes and just copy/paste and drop the one on the left. The only hassle is setting it up to begin with.

ugulu

First Post
Hmmm...no, my idea was dumb...however, hopefully it planted the seed that led to you and I2K getting good ideas. Regardless, I'm a genius, right?

Remove ads