• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.0--11/03/06--Arc 5

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
[imagel]http://galacticastation.com/Gallery/Episode/se3/300/305.gif[/imagel]

"TORN"

# Original airdate: Nov 3rd 2006
# Production Number: 305
# Executive Producers: R.D. Moore, David Eick
# Co-Executive Producer: Paul Leonard
# Producer: Harvey Frand
# Associate Producer: Trisha Brunner
# Written by: Bradley Thompson and David Weddle
# Directed by:

Starring: Mary McDonnell, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park,

Co-Starring: Michael Hogan, Alessandro Juliani, Tahmoh Penikett, Kandyse McClure, Aaron Douglas, Nicki Clyne,

As Tigh and Starbuck stir up discontent aboard the Galactica, a new and deadly virus forces the Cylons to take drastic measures to protect the future of their race. Even as Adama risks his life to hold his crew together, Baltar realizes that he must face the irrational wrath of the Cylons alone.​

Wrath? From the Cylons...? Oh Dear... :]

(someone please do the Doctor Who thread, ran short of time)

Just started watching the show on Chinese DVDs my roommate borrowed from a Chinese friend. The DVDs went all the way to the season 2 mid-season break. :-/

So then, impatient for more, I watched last night's episode. I guess it lacked some resonance because I didn't know exactly what had happened. I didn't enjoy it much, but folks are saying it was a great ep.

I've realized that I watch the show for Sharon and her storyline. When she's involved, I dig the story. When it's focusing on political machinations, Starbuck sex, or Tigh being a lunatic, I don't enjoy it as much. Oh, okay, Dr. Baltar is almost always awesome.

What are people thinking of this season compared to the previous two?

Sir Brennen

Legend
One thing I've felt is better about this season is the pacing of episode content so far. Sometimes BSG eps can seem a little rushed or choppy, 'cuz I know they often have filmed more content than they can fit in one 42 minute show, so, without really skillful editing, continuity can take a hit from the missing material. So far this season, though, I haven't felt that at all. Especially episode 2, with the highlight of the Galatica free-falling through the atmosphere. Damn near perfect.

And an interesting bit from this episode - Living on a cylon baseship: it's a state of mind.

Looks like they've got some definite ideas about resolving the existence of Head-Six in Baltar, while keeping us guessing.

Joker

First Post
Yeah, that bit about "we don't talk about the other five" was really intriguing.

This season, for me at least, has put the Cylons in a much more...vulnerable light. They seem lost in a way. Kind of like a kid who lost his parents in the mall.

RangerWickett said:
What are people thinking of this season compared to the previous two?

For me, the show's back on track. It wasn't ever terribly far off, but much of season "2.5" (eps. 11-20) was weaker than anything before--or, thankfully--since. For me, the weakest ep this season was last week's kangaroo-court one, only because the drama didn't really work for me, but if that's as weak as it gets, that's awfully, awfully good.

I do like how it feels like the Cylons really might have a "plan" again, given the 5 "secret" models. The hybrids are a nice touch, good visual, if also a bit derivative (the look is very like the precogs in (at least the movie version of) "Minority Report." I do feel like maybe the relatively long layoff helped RDM and others get a little tighter control over the storyline.

frandelgearslip

First Post
First time ever that I saw an episode where I didn't hate Kat (who reminds me of a less likable starbuck, a character I don't like to begin with). Adama's reaction to Tigh and Starbuck is what made the episode for me.

As for season 2.5 pretty much episodes 12-17 were different kinds of mediocre. Then episode 19-20 proceeded to jump the shark and then back up and jump the shark again. But it seems that a lot of season three has been repairing a lot of the stuff they did in 2.5, like putting everybody back into their original jobs.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Adama is a total badass. Total and complete. I'm pretty sure were I Starbuck or Tigh, I would have crapped myself silly. Wow.

Nice to see Sharon get a new call sign, makes it easier for us to talk about them.

So, if I'm understanding right, Cylons don't have to see what is, they can see what they want. But HeadSix seemed to imply that they didn't have a choice to see reality, they only saw the projection. Huh.

So, Sharon is sick now? The Base Star stayed far enough away and sent Gaius in, but Sharon jumped right next to it. Why, when I saw that, did I immediately think of the mini-series, when Leoben got sick from the radiation or nebula or whatever?

Awesome episode, even if it was mostly set-up.

Dark Psion

First Post
No Athena/Sharon just had a case of the Frights (according to the Podcast).

I would suggest that they redesign the Raptors to give them a Bubble top canopy (like a F-16) so other objects in space would stop sneaking up on them; ie Radiers, Basestars, Planets.....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads