• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--1/21/07--Arc 11(Mid-Season Cliffhanger Continued)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
[imagel]http://galacticastation.com/Gallery/Episode/se3/300/311.gif[/imagel]

RAPTURE

Original airdate: 21st Jan 07
# Production Number: 311
# Executive Producers: R.D. Moore, David Eick
# Co-Executive Producer: Paul Leonard
# Producer: Harvey Frand
# Associate Producer: Trisha Brunner
# Written by: Bradley Thompson and David Weddle
# Directed by: Michael Rymer

Starring: Mary McDonnell, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park.

Co-Starring: Michael Hogan, Alessandro Juliani, Tahmoh Penikett, Kandyse McClure, Aaron Douglas, Nicki Clyne.

With the Galactica outgunned by four Cylon base ships, and the Colonial forces on the ground being flanked by a platoon of Cylon Centurions, how far will Admiral Adama go to keep the Cylons from capturing the artifact that shows the way to Earth? And will Apollo put the mission at risk to save the downed Starbuck - or let the woman he loves die?​

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
A well executed episode, but only a few surprises. I had always thought... that Baltar would end up back in Colonial hands. I did not expect that to be true of the Baby or Six. The tip-off to Kara's destiny was also well handled. However, I am wondering if Lee and Kara have had sex since the boxing match.

Spoilers I had read... indicated Diana would start saying she was the God. That is not what happened. It is interesting to see how greatly the Cylons fear individuality.

The superduper nova was handled well. Rather than the Star Trek take where it wiped out the entire system all at once, this one took some time - nice.

catsclaw227

First Post
I enjoyed it.

It seems that
Lucy Lawless' character/model is done (for a while at least). I am sure that there will be some interesting tidbits with Baltar and #6 on the same ship. Lots of sexual tension and such, but his subconcious #6 may get a bit jealous again.

I am looking forward to Kara's destiny storyline.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
BrooklynKnight said:
rumor has it her storyline comes to its climax about 3 episodes before the end of the season..

According to other rumors, this is also about the time
Starbuck dies, or at least leaves the show.
The writers may feel they have taken her character as they can.

It is interesting that in tonight's episode gave a distance in hard terms, I think he said 16,000 light years, but no one gave any indication if that was a long ways away for them and their use of jumpdrives.

dravot

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
It is interesting that in tonight's episode gave a distance in hard terms, I think he said 16,000 light years, but no one gave any indication if that was a long ways away for them and their use of jumpdrives.

Did they? I must have missed that. What scene?

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
dravot said:
Did they? I must have missed that. What scene?

The one where Laura, Adama, Helo, Saul and Gaeta were looking at star maps and talking about the nova. Gaeta said it when he pulled out the graphic of the other nova, the one that occured 4,000 years prior.

Grymar

Explorer
I think that was just the distance to the supernova seen 4k years ago, which I took to be the next "signpost" along the way.

I guess the fleet has to go there and then look for the next part of the trail. Who knows how far away Earth is.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Grymar said:
I think that was just the distance to the supernova seen 4k years ago...

That was also my understanding. However, we have no indication if that is a great distance for our heroes. Assuming they can make 100 light years in a jump, that is still 1,600 jumps. That is a lot of jumps.

Remove ads