• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--2/18/07--Arc 14

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Steel_Wind said:
Ok - whoever decided we had to put with mid-season filler probably needs a slap in the fist place.

But crappy mid-season filler is another matter - why don't we space the person who thought this was a good script instead.

My wife and I love this show. We did not think much of this episode. One of the worst 5 BSG episodes ever.

I thought it was a great episode. And it didn't at all seem like a filler episode - I mean, it was all about tying up lose ends, and was not a stand-alone at all. Doesn't a filler episode by definition stand on it's own and not depend on other episodes? :heh:

I liked this episode, because it told us more about the characters.
Sure, I would have been probably be more thrilled by an action-packed episode where they find another clue for Earth or the Cylon god or the Final Five, but I think this was one of the best episodes from the ones (over all seasons) that didn't focus on the main storyline.

Abraxas

Explorer
Its to bad they didn't have Starbuck's trademarked "rock and a piece of flight suit" patch kit in there with them - that would have plugged up the hole in a jiffy and lasted until they could figure out how to get them out without blasting off the doors. Of course that trick only works with cylon raiders and flying in space. :p

Gunslinger

First Post
Jamdin said:
I enjoyed the episode due to the fact that Baltar was NOT in it and I like Cally.

I disliked this episode due to the fact that Baltar was not in it, and I dislike Cally quite a bit. Chief used to be my favorite character on the show, but since he had the baby he's become much less interesting. IMO Baltar is by far the most interesting and entertaining character on BSG.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Hey, hey!! No one talks about Cally that way. No One.

That girl has climb the ladder of recognition in my eyes.

From begin a simple deck hand...to a well-skilled deckperson that knows her frakkin' stuff (that was what Chief (hubbie) Tyrol said.)

Now a mother, wife, partner to the Chief.

:] -Pointing Viper guns-
LightPhoenix said:
Why can't Cally just die? :uhoh:

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
After having seen the episode, I liked it.
It was mid-season filler that will be forgotten in 6 months, but I'm kind of just glad it didn't suck it like in recent episodes that were also mid-season filler.

I still think some of the writing staff needs to be paraded out the back and shot for the junk done the past few weeks.

TwistedBishop

First Post
I think the term "filler" gets tossed around so much it has lost all meaning. The journey is always the thing, whether it's a big cylon battle or a personal moment. However I do wish they would get to the trial already. They've been teasing it for three episodes now and everything else is starting to pale in comparison.

That said, horrible episode. Contrived, ridiculous, and boring. The whole airlock bit felt like a bad Next Generation episode.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I don't think that a plot and action driven series should spend two episodes in a row trying to act like a character driven series. YMMV.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads