Be a Ranger! Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune (Re-recruiting)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Dr Simon said:
Wind Sword - 1st level. +1 attack and damage against Humans. May not be appropriate to this campaign...
Wrong clan anyway :D. Sarhat will be a Fire Wing.

[sblock=WiP]Point buy 25: STR 12, DEX 13, CON 12, INT 14, WIS 10, CHA 12

Sarhat
Minbari Fleet Officer 1
Languages: English, Minbari (Light, Grey, Dark)
Init: 4
Speed: 40
HP: 7
Saves:
-Fort: 1
-Ref: 1
-Will: 2

BAB: 1
-Melee: 3
-Ranged: 2

Defence: 10+1+1=12
DR: 2

Attack:
-Denn'bok +4 (1d6+2)

Stats:
STR 14
DEX 13
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 10

Class Features: Branch (Fleet),

Feats: B=Weapon Focus (Denn'bok), C=Spacecraft Proficiency, C=Close Combat Weapons, C=Grenade Weapons, C=Pistol Weapons, 1=Enhanced Speed

Skills:
Computer Use 4+2=6
Knowledge - tactics 4+2=6
Operations - Piloting 4+2=6
Operations - Systems 4+2=6
Pilot 4+1=5
Stealth (CC) 2+1-1=2

Eguipment:
Denn'bok
Padded Armor
Uniform[/sblock]
Sarhat ra'Ahaelden
Sarhat of Fire Wings is one of the youngest of the prestigious clan and protege of Satai Shakat himself. Fresh out of officer training Sarhat had just been assigned to the crew of Valen'tha when Shakat assigned a special mission on him. He was to join a task-force of ISA operatives on a mission of mercy to find a cure for the plague on human homeworld. It was obviously a test on Sarhat's resolve and he is not going to fail the Satai.

Sarhat represents what is best in the Warrior Caste. He is brave to the extreme, loyal to his comrades in arms (even if they were of different race) to the point of being ready to die in their defence and strong sense of duty, as well as the combat skills and tactics training that made him capable leader in his own.

Sarhat is too young to have been in the wars but his teachers' views had an impact on the student and as such he holds a certain disdain for humans and a bit of general xenophoby, but not enough to distract him from his duty.
[sblock=Character portrait]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Squinbari.bmp
    223.1 KB · Views: 1,692
Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Blackrat said:
Yeah I have the book. Have to say this is probably the best b5 rules so far, though I liked the old Babylon Project RPG too. MGP's first edition was kind of crap.

I liked the Babylon Project too, although it came in for a lot of stick. The basic mechanic was quite good, similar to FUDGE but with fewer dice to roll. I think the mistakes made with that edition was lack of support, and setting it *before* the TV series.

B5 d20 1st Ed.... yeah, it was a bit limp, really. This version is tightened up a lot more, making characters more skills-based, removing dead levels, neat rules for influence, telepathy and fleet combat, allowing play in different eras straight out of the rulebook. I must admit I've not actually run the thing yet - the group I usually game with are very old school traditionalist and have a phobia of anything without elves :) . River Kingdoms is chugging along okay, I thought "What else have I got that I'd like to play?" and B5 kind of waved at me.

Looking good on the character background.

Blackrat

Interesting. I'm still at work for few hours so I can't check the book yet but is it truly that warriors don't get Denn'bok proficiency as bonus feat?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Looks like it. Denn'bok is an Exotic Weapon Proficiency. *Rangers* get it for free, so it's probably just a system artifact to help define the Rangers. I'd be inclined, at the very least, to allow Minbari Warrior Caste to treat the Denn'bok as a standard close combat weapon rather than an exotic, as they're not grossly overpowered by any means, and offset by a high cost.

Blackrat

Aww, I can't be the only one truly interested in this :(... Maybe you should add the word "recruiting" in the thread name too...

Blackrat

I hope so. Well anyways, I already made a quick character image which I'll add today. I had some fun with an old photo of me and photoshop...

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ha! You turned yourself into a Minbari? Cool.

I've put an ad up in the Mongoose Publishing forums - if there's anyone who plays B5 d20 they'll be there!

Blackrat

Dr Simon said:
Ha! You turned yourself into a Minbari? Cool.

I've put an ad up in the Mongoose Publishing forums - if there's anyone who plays B5 d20 they'll be there!
Not nearly as cool as turning myself into a Centauri which I did some time ago. This one was harder though since I had to find a picture of me where I was still in better fit.

Yeah, they'll definetly be there.

Remove ads