Be a Ranger! Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune (Re-recruiting)

Vertexx69

First Post
I would suggest going to front first then to the other section so we don't have to go through the core at all (avoiding leaks, radiation, etc..) Because giving whoever more time to attack us is never a good idea ;p

Dr Simon

Explorer
Concerning your latest questions:

Leif - Since this is essentially a solo craft you would use Pilot rather than Operations (Piloting), which is used for multi-crewed vessels. I notice that you also have no ranks in this, but you can use it untrained (defaults to Dex). I'm glad you feel uneasy about it, but then, where would heroics be without some risk? ;)

Shayuri - Without line of sight, there's nothing you could do except maybe vaguely detect any non-Vurkian presence. If you were in hyperspace, on the other hand, maybe.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...does the Markab ship have...well, I can ask that IC. :)

Oh, I know...is there a hyperspace jumpgate nearby? I sort of assumed so, since the Fortune can't make its own jump point, but I'm fuzzy on if you need a gate to get OUT of hyperspace, or just in.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ships without jump engines need a jumpgate to get in *and* out of hyperspace.

The original jumpgate system was put in place by some un-named First One race (fan conjecture was the Vorlons as they use the same hyperspace entry/exit effect whereas other ancient races have different effects). The jumpgates provide a beacon system within hyperspace that enable navigation. Younger races have since added jumpgates to the network.

More info

There is a gate in this system. It's the only structure in this system since the waystation that used to be here was destroyed in the Shadow War.

Vertexx69

First Post
I think that Croft should be fully upgraded to lvl 3 now in the RG.

+2 hp
+1 def
+1 will save
+2 Influence to 2 groups
+5 skill points
+1 feat
+ discipline focus

Did I forget anything?

I was thinking of funky combos of feats and such to get big dmg with telepthic abilities, but realized that in this system I don't need to do more than 2d6 to take out most targets. The telepath feats in the lurkers guide were throwing me for a bit because they had to be taken at 1st lvl but also required a P-rating. Took me a bit to figure out the feats were only for really weak telepaths who were trying to stay under the radar and such.

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry for my absence of late, all. I don't have time to level Kirth just now, but I'll do all I can to get it done in due time.

Leif

Adventurer
Gah...no books here!

What does another level of Telepath garner Ash?
Going from 2 to 3, I assume? That gets you +1 to Fort, +1 to Ref, a Telepathy Feat, and 2 more hp.

[as near as I can tell, anyway]

And we're all leveling up, aren't we? I so, Kirth will go up to Agent2/Soldier1

Last edited:

Remove ads