Behind the Curtain - OOC (full)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I've started a first pass at Fate with the Magic power . . . interesting . . . and difficult. I'll keep working on it.

Keia

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
I've started a first pass at Fate with the Magic power . . . interesting . . . and difficult. I'll keep working on it.

Keia

Yeah, I haven't read the "official" new version of it yet, but I saw quite a bit of discussion on the offical boards. Seemed like it favored taking the Magic power more than once and placing different spells in each (offensive, defensive, utility, etc) so that multiple spells could be in use at the same time. Or something like that. Too bad I'm stuck at work and can't read it right now.

Anyway, good luck with the transition. I'm eager to see how it turns out.

Mimic

First Post
Rybaer said:
Mimic - I know you said you probably wouldn't get the book. While I'm playing around with the new rules, I'll work up a faithful version of Granite and run it by ya.

Sounds good to me

Velmont

First Post
I've got my book this week, and for my first test, I've tried to do Lawrence, here what it gives.

[SBLOCK]Tarentula
Concept/Archetype: Totem / Spider Swarm

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 170
Hair: black and short
Eyes: brown
Ethnicity: caucasian
Birthplace: Coast City
PL: 8

Code:
[B]ABILITIES[/B]
STR 10     +0
DEX 30(18) +10(+4)
CON 14     +2
INT 13     +1
WIS 14     +2
CHA 11     +0

[B]SAVES[/B]
TOUG +6 (+2)
FORT +2
REF  +10
WILL +2

[B]MOVEMENT[/B]
INIT +10
BASE SPD 30/60/120

[B]COMBAT[/B]
BASE DEF +10
DEF 20
FLAT 13
BASE ATT +5

[B]SKILLS[/B]
Acrobatics [15/5]
Computer [3/2]
Disable Device [14/13]
Drive [12/2]
Escape Artist [15/5]
Notice [8/6]
Search [8/7]
Sense Motive [5/3]
Sleight of Hand [15/5]
Sneak [20/10]
Sport(Handball) [12/2]

[B]LANGUAGES[/B]
English

[B]FEATS[/B]
All-Out Attack
Blind-Fight
Defensive Roll 4
Dodge Focus 4
Equipement
Evasion 2
Skill Mastery (Disable Device, Escape Artist, Sleight of Hand, Stealth)
Uncanny Dodge 3 (Sight, Hearing, Tremorsense)

[B]POWERS[/B]
Alternate Form(Swarm) 7 [Cost: 35]
 Drain(Strength only) 8
  ex:Poison
  pf:Slow Fade 6
  pf:Split Attack
 Immunity: Critical, Poison
 Insubstancial 1
 Super-Movement: Slithering, Wall-Crawling
Enhanced Dexterity 12 [Cost: 12]
Super-Sense 4 : Danger Sense, Tremor Sense [Cost: 4]

[B]EQUIPEMENT[/B]
*Cell Phone
*Electronic Tools, masterwork
*Flashlight
Lock-picking Tools, masterwork
*Multi-Tool

[B]COST[/B]
abilities [20]
base att [10]
base def [12]
skills [15]
feats [17]
powers [51]
weakness [0]
total [125]
unspent [0]
[/SBLOCK]

I must tell it has given something more close to the idea I had when I created it.

First, I've included Drain into the Alternate Form power. It doesn't change the cost, but I find it more fitting the concept. And I've put the Poison extra on Drain (Yeah!) as the Slow Fade power feat up to 6 times to have it a recovery rate at 1 per day (just as poison in every D20 system). I've also put Split Attack, as the swarm split... not sure I will ever use it, but I find the idea interesting.

I've included in his Alternate Form Insubtential 1 (which is mainly what a swarm can do), Immunity to Poison and Critical (a spider die or another in the swarm, where the difference) and wall-crawling and slithering (ok, I'm not a snake, but I can't see how a swarm can be knock down...)

The Combat Sense have become Danger Sense and Uncanny Dodge on all my main perception. It is hard to make him lose his dodge bonus, but not impossible now. The easiest way is to feint in combat, and I find it not a bad thing. He is not a warrior and can easily do what his opponent want to do.

I've also given Tremorsense instead of Blindsight, as it was the thing I had in mind when I took that feat in 1st edition. I've left Blind-Fight to represent his better than average ability to navigate in the dark.

I've left Super-Dexterity. To represent that his defence come more from this agility, I've given him only 6 in defence, but Dodge Focus 4 (That raise the Defence at +10). I've given hsi toughness bonus from Defensive Roll 4 (That give Toughness +6) to represent that it still come from his agility, not pure toughness. So I've used the trade-off rule for +2/-2, so to represent he is hard to hit, not really tough. I've also given him Evasion 2 in the same spirit.

Even if his defence is maxed, his attack isn't. I've put only +5 attack bonus and except his Drain power, he has no usefull attack (Unarmed +0, no weapon). I might buy a weapon with equipment sometimes soon...

Talking of equipement, I've given him the Equipment feat. For now, the equipment with an * are not in possession of Lawrence, but he will equip himself when he'll meet his friend.

I've make him more skilled too (I really like that it is no more 1 for 1...). I've tried keep the spirit of the character. One thing, it is now he is just as good at lockpicking than disabling alarms... I've maxed that skill, but because of his Int (only +1) he cannot lockpick or disarm an average device wihtout some masterwork tool. I've also given him Skill Mastery to show he is a quite good thief...

So, what do you think of that?

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Managed to grab part of the IC thread off of google through 02-02-06 and complied it from 12-31-05 to that point in a word document.

Keia

Attachments

• Curtains Archive.doc
    105.5 KB · Views: 73

Velmont

First Post
I found teh cahe RG... sadly, only Lawrence, Granite and Fate are there, and the version of April 26th

[SBLOCK=Lawrence]Tarentula
Concept/Archetype: Totem / Spider Swarm

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 170
Hair: black and short
Eyes: brown
Ethnicity: caucasian
Birthplace: Coast City
PL: 8

Code:
ABILITIES
STR 10 +0
DEX 30(18) +10(+4)
CON 14 +2
INT 13 +1
WIS 14 +2
CHA 11 +0

SAVES
TOUG +6 (+2)
FORT +2
REF +10
WILL +2

MOVEMENT
INIT +10
BASE SPD 30/60/120

COMBAT
BASE DEF +10
DEF 20
FLAT 13
BASE ATT +5

SKILLS
Acrobatics [15/5]
Computer [3/2]
Disable Device [14/13]
Drive [12/2]
Escape Artist [15/5]
Notice [8/6]
Search [8/7]
Sense Motive [5/3]
Sleight of Hand [15/5]
Sneak [20/10]
Sport(Handball) [12/2]

LANGUAGES
English

FEATS
All-Out Attack
Blind-Fight
Defensive Roll 4
Dodge Focus 4
Equipement
Evasion 2
Skill Mastery (Disable Device, Escape Artist, Sleight of Hand, Stealth)
Uncanny Dodge 3 (Sight, Hearing, Tremorsense)

POWERS
Alternate Form(Swarm) 3 [Cost: 15]
Immunity: Critical, Environementl Condition (Radiation), Poison
Insubstancial 1
Super-Movement: Slithering, Wall-Crawling 2

Drain(Strength only) 8 [Cost: 22]
ex:poison
pf:Slow Fade 6

Enhanced Dexterity 12 [Cost: 12]

Super-Sense 4 : Danger Sense, Tremor Sense [Cost: 4]

EQUIPEMENT
Cell Phone
Electronic Tools, masterwork
Flashlight
Lock-picking Tools, masterwork
Multi-Tool

DRAWBACK
Power Loss (Use Drain only in alternate Form) [-1]

COST
abilities [20]
base att [10]
base def [12]
skills [15]
feats [17]
powers [53]
drawback [-1]
total [126]
unspent [2]
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Fate]Professor Fate
(Steven Faturius)
PL 8

Trade-offs: –2 To hit, +2 to save DCs, -2 Toughness, +2 Defense
Hero points: 5 [1 base +4 luck]

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 185 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Salt and Pepper
Skin: Tanned

Attributes: [Cost 28 pts.]
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 16 +3
CON: 14 +2
INT: 20 +5 [14 base +6 enhanced]
WIS: 14 +2
CHA: 26 +8 [20 base +6 enhanced]

Defense: 20 [10 + 4 Purchased + 6 feat] [cost 8 pts.]
Initiative: +3 [+3 Dex]
BAB: +2 (+6 with magic)[cost 4 pts.]
Melee: +2
Ranged: +2
Speed: 30’ [30 Base] / 50’ Flight

Toughness: +6 [+2 Con + 4 Feat]
Fort: +2 [+2 Con]
Reflex: +3 [+3 Dex]
Will: +10 [+2 Wis + 8 purchased]

Complication: Quirk: Must always help a person in need.

Attacks:

Superpowers:
Magic (Mystic Bolts): 8 Ranks, Alternate Powers: Drain (Str), Intangible, Immunity, Healing, Fog of Forgetfulness, Telepathy, Flaw: Must be able to speak on each alt power, not main. [Source: Mystical, Cost 22 pts.]
Enhanced Intelligence: 6 Ranks, [Source: Mutation, Cost 6 pts.]
Enhanced Charisma: 6 Ranks, [Source: Mutation, Cost 6 pts.]
Flight: 3 rank , [Source: Mutation, Cost 3 pts.]

FEATS: Attack Specialization (with Magic) - 2 ranks, Defensive Roll – 4 ranks, Dodge Focus – 6 ranks, Attractive – 1 ranks, Artificer, Connected, Eidetic Memory, Luck – 4 ranks, Ritualist, Equipment – 3 ranks. [Cost 24 pts.]

Skills: [Cost 16 pts.]

Computers +9 [4 ranks, +5 Int]
Craft, Mechanical +13 [8 ranks, +5 Int]
Diplomacy +20 [12 ranks +8 Cha] (+4 for attractive not included)
Disable Device +8 [3 ranks, +5 Int]
Gather Information +16 [8 ranks, +8 Cha]
Knowledge (Arcane) +18 [13 ranks, +5 Int]
Notice +10 [8 ranks, +2 Wis]
Sense Motive +10 [8 ranks, +2 Wis]

Final Cost: 28 points (Abilities), 12 points (Combat), 37 points (Powers), 24 points (Feats), 16 points (Skills – 64 ranks), 8 points (Saves) = 125 points[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Granite]2nd edition version, prepared by Rybaer

Public Identity: Granite
Height: 6'4"

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Abilities: (27PP)
Str 18/30 (+4/10)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 20 (+5)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 12 (+1)
Cha 11 (+0)

Saves: (2PP)
Damage +11
Fort +7
Ref +3
Will +1

Movement:
Initiative +3
Base move 30'
Leaping (1000x normal)

Combat: (22PP)
BAB +3 (Melee +7)
BDB +5 (Defense 15, Flat-footed 12)

Melee attack (unarmed) +7, Tough save DC24

Skills: (7pp)
Balance 1 (+4)
Climb 1 (+5/+11)
Concentration 1 (+2)
Drive 3 (+7)
Intimidate 12 (+12)
Notice 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 2 (+3)
Swim 1 (+5/+11)
Taunt 3 (+3)

Feats: (9PP)
All-out Attack (-defense/+attack), Attack Focus: melee (4), Improved Grapple, Power Attack (-attack/+dmg), Sneak Attack (2) (+3dmg if target flat-footed)

Powers:
Alternate Form - Stone 11 (55PP)
* Density 6 (18pts+17pts)
- Enhanced Str 12
- Super Strength 8 (Str 60 for lifting - 16 ton light load, 50ton heavy)
-- Feat: Thunderclap 8
- Protection 6 (Impervious)
- Immovable 2 (resist knockback, weight is x5 normal)
* Leaping 9 (x1000 normal distance) (9pts)
* Immunity - life support (disease, poison, all environmental conditions, suffocation, critical) hits (11pts)

Drawbacks (Involuntary transformation triggered by anger - Uncommon, DC10 Will to resist) (-2PP)

Trade-offs:
-1/+1 attack/damage
-3/+3 defense/toughness

Point breakdown: Stats (27PP) + Saves (2PP) + Combat (22PP) + Skills (7PP) + Feats (9PP) + Powers (55PP) + Drawbacks (-2PP) = 120PP

Unspent points earned from adventures: 5PP
[/SBLOCK]

Rybaer

First Post
Keia - thanks for reconstructing what you could of the IC thread. Assuming we don't get the entire thing back, it just forces me to write up the summary of key "knowledge/events" from the game thus far.

As for the characters, that should be easy enough to get back in order. Both characters I posted, Granite and Soundtrack, are saved files. I suspect Kombat is as well.

It'll still be a few days before I get around to starting Ch04. Best to let the dust settle first while getting the character thread back in order.

Rybaer

First Post
Sorry, little slow getting the next chapter going. Should be starting pretty soon, though. In the meantime, feel free to re-post your 2ed characters in the RG thread here.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
That's the latest version of Fate I have . . . I probalby need to change some things yet and add experience (3 points?)

Keia

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
That's the latest version of Fate I have . . . I probalby need to change some things yet and add experience (3 points?)

Keia

Yeah, you should be up to 128 PP total now. I think I had wanted you to break out the spell section (rank, extras, flaws) so each spell is explicit in what it can do. Also, you can still add the mental protection spell that the Loremaster taught you. If I recall correctly, it was just Mental Protection (extra: affects others).

Remove ads