Best City PDF supplement?

Sunaj2k3

First Post
City and map links....

One site I'd recommend you take a look at is The World of Meln's Cities page at http://www.melnworld.com/englanniksi/cities.php3 . Its a fan site where the creator used CC's City Designer to do about 40-70 village, town, and city maps. Most of the maps are done in a minimalist black and white, so they should be easy to print out. Also, many of them have a simple map key that you can use or discard as you see fit. When looking at the entries, just check the population column to see what sized community you're dealing with--cities in the Meln World I think have 10,000 people +.

Also, check out Phineas's Dungeon Map of the Week thread here on En World. I think its in the Arts, Miniatures, and Cartography forum. Phineas is mostly concerned with mapping buildings and dungeons, but a few of his maps deal with entire communities--and he has a set of 3 called Undercellar that deals with a dungeon that could be placed under a community.

Good luck on your map hunt.

mattcolville

Adventurer
Sunaj2k3 said:
One site I'd recommend you take a look at is The World of Meln's Cities page at http://www.melnworld.com/englanniksi/cities.php3 . Its a fan site where the creator used CC's City Designer to do about 40-70 village, town, and city maps. Most of the maps are done in a minimalist black and white, so they should be easy to print out. Also, many of them have a simple map key that you can use or discard as you see fit. When looking at the entries, just check the population column to see what sized community you're dealing with--cities in the Meln World I think have 10,000 people +.

Also, check out Phineas's Dungeon Map of the Week thread here on En World. I think its in the Arts, Miniatures, and Cartography forum. Phineas is mostly concerned with mapping buildings and dungeons, but a few of his maps deal with entire communities--and he has a set of 3 called Undercellar that deals with a dungeon that could be placed under a community.

Good luck on your map hunt.
Wow, there's some good stuff there. This is great, thanks!

mattcolville

Adventurer
Ok, I just gave them another $10 of my money. I was really happy with Castles & Keeps (though I have some suggestions for the DarkFuries guys). I wish this product had come up on the cities and towns tab on RPGnow.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Cities are awesome but seem to have a limited market. Instead we get little towns and forts as sourcebooks and adventures. Ugh.

My thanks to all those who posted the great links about the different cool things out there.

MoR

First Post
Sunaj2k3 said:

I'd like to add that city maps at Meln are all hand drawn and size of "cities" vary from villages of 100 inhabitants to cities of over 30000 inhabitants. No city designers are used in drawing those maps.

Last edited:

Remove ads