• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best RPGA Adventures (Part II)

Which of the following RPGA LFR adventures would you recommend to other players?

• AGLA 1-5 Silver Lining

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • AKAN 1-7 Faint Hope (Expected December 2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BALD 1-4 Silent Streets and Vanished Souls

• CORE 1-13 The FAte of Camp Fifteen

• CORM 1-5 The Black Midwinter

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • CORM 1-7 Patronage and Pestilence

• DALE 1-7 Arts

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • DRAG 1-7 Crafts

• EAST 1-4 Darkness in Delzimmer

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • MINI 1-1 Stirring the Embers

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • MINI 1-2 The Burning Scent of Perfumed Swords

• MINI 1-3 Building the Pyre

• MINI 1-4 Coaxing the Flame

• MINI 1-5 Pyrophobia

• MINI 1-6 Quench the Fire of the Raging God

• MOON 1-5 Lost Love (Is this 1-4? )

• SPEC 1-3 Gost of the Past: Hive of Corruption

• TYMA1-5 From One Dwarf to Another

• WATE1-5 Lost in the Fog

• Other (Please respond and explain)

Dedekind

Explorer
This is a follow up to the Best RPGA Adventures poll started here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/255313-best-rpga-adventures.html

Several adventures have come out since the last poll. Which of these would you recommend to other DMs or players? It would probably be useful to add some commentary in the thread, but be sure to avoid spoilers!

While I don't want to place a lot of rules on it, I would suggest only voting for the 3 favorites out of the ones you have played.

FriarRosing

First Post
I've only played a handful of RPGA adventures, but I liked the Fate of Camp 15 a lot. It had some good chances for roleplaying and a couple amusing characters. I felt DALE 1-7 Arts was awful, but it may have been the DM. It seemed like it had good RP encounters, but the DM I played with just ignored all of them and went straight to the combat. At one point, out of nowhere, he said, "Okay, you're in a dungeon now." Don't ask me how we got to that dungeon, because it was a surprise to me. None of the adventure made any sense, but it may have just been his fault.

I ran Crafts (Drag1-7) last weekend and it was a lot of fun, although kinda like an episode of Cops. :D

(spoiler below!)
[sblock]
Drag1-7 is all about making drug busts in Westgate, where a new narcotic is hitting the streets. I changed the beginning of it slightly, since I had played with one of the PCs who had a slightly sinister (unaligned) background and an alchemist patron. They still came to the temple of the sisters of Selune, but this time the one PC had recruited the other PCs in the group into taking part in the busts, but was secretly trying to get a sample of the narcotic for his patron. I moved the assassin Wei Chiang into the last encounter, (They had avoided detection during the skill challenge) and had her meet the PCs, battle them, and then, when the tide turned, she was able to drop a veil of shadows and run, swearing revenge. I wrote on all of the PCs story certs "Hatred of Wei Chiang" and I plan on having her show up in a future MyRealms if I manage to get these players again.

Oh yeah, and at the last second, the PC reported back to his patron that he was unable to retrieve a sample. He then pocketed the samples he managed to steal for "further research". I might get a MyRealms together about that as well.
[/sblock]

I loved Mini1-1 and Mini1-2 and have had a great time playing my old testament elven invoker in both of those. In your group, dedekind. Hahahaha.

Last edited:

Festivus

First Post
I haven't run many of those listed, but I am prepping to run Corm 1-7 for a charity event this weekend and it looks like a lot of fun. Mostly a roleplay adventure, very little combat by LFR standards. You have to aid with the shipment of medicine to help with a disease outbreak in Suzail, but of course there are some complications. Very much looks like a mod that fits me well, with lots of room for improvisation and ways to push the story forward without it feeling like it's on rails.

Starfox

Hero
I voted others since I had not played (or seen) any of these, and wanted to see the results of the poll. Maybe later polls along this line should have a pick for "I just want to see the results?".

vagabundo

Adventurer
I voted others since I had not played (or seen) any of these, and wanted to see the results of the poll. Maybe later polls along this line should have a pick for "I just want to see the results?".

There is a link under the poll called "View Poll Results".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads