best way to lose an MMA fight?

The first knee looks illegal, but if you look closely, Pearson' s knee was up. His sin is really close to the ground, but it is up. I'm guessing the ref jumped in and then realized that he had gone in too early and instead went with the NC. Pearson looked like he could still go on, though. They could have kept in fighting if it wasn't for that cut. I bet Dos Sanyos wishes that fight doctor has been there when he fought Cain.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yeah, Pearson looked ok except for the massive hole in his head. Too bad he couldn't continue. Oh well, rematch is a go so we'll get to see 'em again.

Yup. If Guillard shows up to the rematch and fights the way he was fighting in this fight, he should take it. He looked like he was getting into a good flow with his strikes and foot work.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Guillard's only real bane is submissions - not something Pearson would likely try to work toward. Melvin's got huge, huge power and could pretty easily KO a lot of guys at 170. Standing and trading with him is usually a huge mistake and it looks like one Pearson was all too willing to make. Should be a good time.

Yeah, Pearson came out in some article saying that he wanted to be like Anderson Silva, not like Melendez and Sanchez. It didn't look like he was doing a very good job being Silva. He got in trouble with the striking, and fortunately for him, Guillard threw the illegal knee and the ref stopped the fight. Pearson should have tried taking the fight to the ground until he got his senses back.

One of the advantages that guys that have good wrestling or BJJ have is that they can go to the ground if they get hurt on the feet. I don't know if Person has any usable wrestling or BJJ, but if he doesn't, he should get some. He could have tried to take Guilllard down instead of eating those knees.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yup. Anyone that stands and bangs with Guillard is someone who doesn't know anything. That dood has sick power and he knows how to put it right on your dome. If you've got a chin you can try but you better also have some wrestling.

I wouldn't mind seeing Guillard go up against Melendez. Melendez has some pretty good wrestling, but he was dumb enough to stand-and-bang with Sanchez, and he was knocked out momentarily by Sanchez. Fortunately he was able to gain consciousness when he hit the ground, and Sanchez didn't continue with the striking, but instead tried to submit Melendez. I think if Melendez stood and traded shots with Guillard, Melendez would get dropped. Then again, Melendez has good wrestling, and would probably take Guillard down. No, actually, he trains with the Cesar Gracie camp. He would have to have a fight plan that involved taking Guillard down. No one in the Gracie camp is smart enough to have a fight plan for a fight.

Remove ads