best way to lose an MMA fight?

True, one of those TARDIS would lose but it may end up being boring as hell. Two guys who can't hit all mad at each other and throwing punches an infant could laugh off. Not interesting. Maybe in the middle of round 2 they send Hendo in to give 'em both a big right. That'd make it better.
Well it definitely wouldn't be the headlining fight.
Yeah, Machida would dominate Diaz. Nick can't hurt him, can't take him down and would be incredibly frustrated by his jukiness really, really quickly. He'd do something dumb and get caught with something spectacular. Hmm ... Dana should make this happen. The question is whether or not Machida's camp would even bother. I think they'd see Nick (correctly) as beneath him. Of course, if they got some PPV backend ...
I can see Diaz getting frustrated not being able to hit Machida and throwing his arms out wide while screaming "Come on, don't be..." and Machida, being one of the best and fastest strikers, lighting him up and knocking him out. And yeah, it would be a fight that Machida would have to take, but I think it would be a good headline fight. It would have some crazy PPV buys. Diaz is one of those guys that people just love to watch get beat. His fight with GSP made good money. I don't know why more guys aren't wanting to fight Diaz for the money. It's not as if they can't beat him. And they would make some crazy money in those fights. People just like to watch Diaz get beat down.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yup, there's some real money to be made in beating down a Diaz brother - especially Nick. I'd really like to see that fight. Machida isn't the kind of guy that you can goad into a mistake. He couldn't care less and, well, he doesn't speak English. :p Remember Rashad's famous 'you hit like a bitch' right before he got KTFO'd? A Diaz fight would probably end the same way.

Oh yeah, the Diaz fight would probably end a bit more violently. Evans was up against the fence and he was obviously knocked out. Diaz likes to take the middle of the ring, and Machida would probably crane kick Nick's teeth out right before jumping on him and getting a few shots before the ref pulled him off.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yupyup. It would be awesome. Didn't get to see the fights over the weekend. Was watching Ohio State beat down Pedophile State and saw the ticker stating Machida won via headkick. Wish I coulda seen it.

I didn't see the fights either. I looked up the Machida/Munoz fight. You can find it pretty easily on the interwebz. It's actually pretty short, and Machida looked a bit more aggressive than he has in a long time. He kept on throwing kicks to Munoz's body. He did it a few times until Munoz got accustomed to blocking body kicks then threw the head kick and it was over.

Machida looks pretty good at 185. He is fast, but he has always been fast. It's a little hard to tell if he is any faster, but he looked good. I didn't see any of the other fights. I read they were pretty lackluster.

Next up is GSP vs Hendricks. It should be interesting. Hendricks has the wrestling, but I don't think he has the cardio to take on GSP. Hendricks is going to need to land that big punch early on, or GSP is going to drag Hendricks into the deep end. If Hendrick's cardio looks anything like his fight wight with Koscheck, GSP may wear him out enough to actually be able to finish the fight with some GnP.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I heard Melvin Guillard got jobbed. They called the fight a NC due to a cut caused by an illegal knee but peeps are saying Pearson wasn't down when he took it. I would have liked to see it - I'm a big Guillard fan (despite his submission weakness).

GSP has outwrestled wrestlers before. I wonder if he'll try to keep it standing or not. I'd guess not. Hendricks has some power and GSP doesn't fight to his opponent's strength.

I didn't see the Guillard/Pearson fight. Maybe I'll look it up later. Guillard is pretty fun fighter to watch. I'm not much of a Pearson fan. His time on TUF was pretty lame.

Yeah, GSP tends to fight to his opponent's weaknesses. It may be a bit tough with Hendricks since Hendricks has good wrestling and hits hard. Hendricks may actually pull off the upset. You never know. Still, I think GSP is going to mix in some striking and wrestling at a high pace and wear Hendrix out. Then again, it's possible that GSP does stand and strike with Hendrix. He did it with Koscheck, and Koscheck fought Hendricks and they just stood op and threw punches. I honestly think that Kos won that fight against Hendrix. GSP has much better striking than both Koscheck and Hendricks. He is a much more technical striker. He combines his striking and wrestling better than anyone else, save maybe Cain.GSP is also really cautious, and he tries to stay out of striking exchanges. Hendricks has his work cut out for him. If he hasn't improved his cardio, he is going to be in for a rough fight.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yeah, Guillard is pretty awesome to watch ... usually. Pearson, notsomuch. He looked like a real beast coming out of the show but hasn't really shown a lot since.

I can see GSP fighting either way, really. I'm leaning more toward him probably trying to take Hendricks down to avoid the big punch but maybe not. I mean, dood's wrestling is legit. He's got at least a puncher's chance, though, if he can stay on his feet and get it done early. A long fight is a loss for Hendricks.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Hmm ... they both looked illegal to me. Looks like his knee was down when he ate the first one. Melvin's lucky he didn't get DQ'd. Odd they called it NC when he obviously hit Pearson while he was down. Oh well, the rematch has already been announced.

Remove ads