best way to lose an MMA fight?

Dana said he will be fighting Werdum. It should be an interesting fight. Werdum has great bjj, and I'm sure he would like to get the fight to the ground, but I don't think he will be going to the ground in his terms. Once on the ground, Werdum isn't going to like it much either. Also, while Werdum's striking has improved, he isn't going to be able to match Cain's striking skill and constant output. Then there is the never-empty-gas-tank that Cain had. Werdum is going to be in for a long night.

Dana was asked about Cormier vs Gustofson at 205. He liked that idea, so that may be a possibility. While the Cormier vs Nelson fight wasn't very exciting, Cormier finally started to look decent. He didn't show me anything that says he can take out Jon Jones, but he looked better than he has in a long time.

Cain is gonna kill Werdum. There's nobody better?
Yes, and Cain just brutalized him for the second time.
And Cormier vs Gustofson? Umm ... yeah.
Yeah, I don't know about that fight either. Cormier may have great wrestling, but he hasn't really shown anything that makes me think he can take on either Jones of Gustafsson. Gustafsson showed he has some crazy skills in that fight with Jones. Cormier still looks too slow. He lost some weight for the Nelson fight, but he seemed to gas out pretty quick.

I guess they want him to have a high profile fight to go along with the hype. Maybe they should have put Cormier and Texiera together. It can be promoted as the great hype fight between two of the most hyped up fighters.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
That would probably be a better match, though. 'Course it may end up like last night's football game - ugly, boring, slow and mostly devoid of talent.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
True, Tex would probably win. Still, I can't help but get totally unexcited at the prospect. Then again, any time someone mentions a Cormier fight I feel, well, totally underwhelmed. He's not, uhh, good.

Football is usually fun. This was a game of suck. Two terrible teams being terrible for a terribly long time. It was baaaaaad.

Remove ads