Beyond Bond & Bourne: Other secret agent/espionage movies

Dioltach

Legend
Has anyone mentioned Spooks (a.k.a. MI5) yet? I must say, I watched a few episodes but found it very tough going -- very grim and gritty.

Nellisir

Hero
No Netflix for me. Not yet, anyway. Not convinced it gives me the value I want.
The real value in Netflix for me is access to foreign shows & movies. And for $9/month, it's cheaper than seeing a single movie in the theatre, and way way way less than cable. So, actually, I guess I'd be really curious to know what's a better value from your point of view.

Nellisir

Hero
Ronin, with Robert De Niro. The Thomas Crowne Affair is a heist film, not a spy film; if you're open to that I'd throw in The Italian Job as the obvious first choice, and say that what you're really looking for a clever storylines with rapid/adept violent action and an international feel.

There are a lot of Korean films with martial arts secret agents in the same vein as The Bourne Identity; if you have Netflix access that's a great place to start. I'll post titles later. There are a few French films also; again, I'll post after I have a chance to check my Netflix account.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
RE: Netflix . . . . .That is the same reason That I use it for. Especially since it requires a bus ride to and from the theater as I do not have personal vehicular transportation at this time.

Last edited:

Remove ads