• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beyond Bond & Bourne: Other secret agent/espionage movies

Dioltach

Legend
Has anyone mentioned Spooks (a.k.a. MI5) yet? I must say, I watched a few episodes but found it very tough going -- very grim and gritty.

Nellisir

Hero
No Netflix for me. Not yet, anyway. Not convinced it gives me the value I want.
The real value in Netflix for me is access to foreign shows & movies. And for $9/month, it's cheaper than seeing a single movie in the theatre, and way way way less than cable. So, actually, I guess I'd be really curious to know what's a better value from your point of view.

Nellisir

Hero
Ronin, with Robert De Niro. The Thomas Crowne Affair is a heist film, not a spy film; if you're open to that I'd throw in The Italian Job as the obvious first choice, and say that what you're really looking for a clever storylines with rapid/adept violent action and an international feel.

There are a lot of Korean films with martial arts secret agents in the same vein as The Bourne Identity; if you have Netflix access that's a great place to start. I'll post titles later. There are a few French films also; again, I'll post after I have a chance to check my Netflix account.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
RE: Netflix . . . . .That is the same reason That I use it for. Especially since it requires a bus ride to and from the theater as I do not have personal vehicular transportation at this time.

Last edited:

Remove ads