Black Adam – Official Trailer 1

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Looks like they're stealing a ton from the MCU. The scene of him flying between two jets is from Iron Man and the drop-out-of-plane shot was straight out of Black Panther.

Hex08

Hero
I wish I were more excited for this movie. I love the Justice Society so that alone should have me all over this movie but I'm not a huge fan of Dwayne Johnson. He's an ok actor but every time I watch one of his movies I feel like I am watching Dwayne Johnson, not whatever character his is supposed to be playing.

G

Guest 7034872

Hm. Too short and too closely edited a trailer for me to make any confident claims here. I guess my biggest initial worry is that it looks like every other superhero movie: nothing stands out to me as novel, mold-breaking, or remarkable.

Nothing really stands out as especially bad either, though. It's just, "Yep--another superhero flick."

Hex08

Hero
Hm. Too short and too closely edited a trailer for me to make any confident claims here. I guess my biggest initial worry is that it looks like every other superhero movie: nothing stands out to me as novel, mold-breaking, or remarkable.

Nothing really stands out as especially bad either, though. It's just, "Yep--another superhero flick."
Why mess with a money-making formula? ;)

I agree though. I love superhero movies, in large part because I have been reading comics since the late 70s/early 80s so I am all over any chance to see even a mindlessly entertaining superhero movie. The problem is, with Marvel specifically and Hollywood in general, is that once a successful formula is hit on it's rarely strayed from.

All of that aside, I am glad the Justice Society is finally getting it's shot at the big screen. Too bad it's as supporting characters.

G

Guest 7034872

Why mess with a money-making formula? ;)

I agree though. I love superhero movies, in large part because I have been reading comics since the late 70s/early 80s so I am all over any chance to see even a mindlessly entertaining superhero movie. The problem is, with Marvel specifically and Hollywood in general, is that once a successful formula is hit on it's rarely strayed from.

All of that aside, I am glad the Justice Society is finally getting it's shot at the big screen. Too bad it's as supporting characters.
Yeah, so long as it's fun and engaging, I don't need it to change the way I think about my life or anything: that isn't what we pay our ten bucks for walking into the theater.

We'll see what they do with the Justice Society: Avengers didn't start until well after they'd introduced a lot of the main superheroes in their own movies, so maybe that's the plan here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
We'll see what they do with the Justice Society: Avengers didn't start until well after they'd introduced a lot of the main superheroes in their own movies, so maybe that's the plan here?

Yeah, having the Justice Society introduced here but fleshed out later is probably a good strategy - certainly better that the Justice Leagues intro via email.
This is Black Adam so Im expecting it will be a Rock showcase, though I do appreciate theyve presented him as antihero - first working with the Justice Society until proving too violently vengeful for their standards and then doing a heel turn to become the antagonist (maybe next movie).

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Five dollars that at some point in the movie, the Rock turns to another character and says, "So wait, why am I Black Adam?"

Remove ads