Blasted ROLE-PLAYERS!!!

SableWyvern

Adventurer
I don't see a problem with the character in question as he is played.

I can see a potential problem with consistently choosing to design characters that are destined not only to die, but to take the rest of the party with them.

IOW, the problem isn't that this player is ROLE-playing, but instead what he chooses to ROLE-play in the first place.

Unfortunately for you, if the rest of the group has no problem with this, there's probably not much you can do about it. I know that I, as DM, wouldn't ask my group to change their roleplaying style to suit the needs of one player, if everyone else was having fun. I suggest you discuss your problems with the group, and if no-one is interested in changing their attitudes for your sake, then you find another group.

Party-killing players are generally frowned upon in my games, so feel free to head over to Australia and join my campaign if you want. :D

Limper

First Post
Again thank you for your support. I suppose I'm just ranting/venting/frothing and I appreciate the venue for doing such, as well as the ears to here my cries.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ok...

lets do some role playing:

Does your PC know that the other PC is a dangerous half wit? If so, why is he still hanging around with the clutz on dangerous missions? If I was going to go on some kind of dangerous recon patrol in enemy teritory or something similar, I wouldn't take idiots with me. If I only had idiots, I wouldn't go!

Ancalagon

Limper

First Post
Ancalagon said:
Ok...

lets do some role playing:

Does your PC know that the other PC is a dangerous half wit? If so, why is he still hanging around with the clutz on dangerous missions? If I was going to go on some kind of dangerous recon patrol in enemy teritory or something similar, I wouldn't take idiots with me. If I only had idiots, I wouldn't go!

Ancalagon

Oh friend!!!! You see dont you?

This is exactly what I'll have to do. BUT he's good you never see it coming (unless its a button and his PC is short). I think arranging some accidents during field exercises might help me out.

Other PCs of equal level are concidered equal CR, correct? I'll get my lost levels from their hide, then they can vote me out of the group (no loss), and then maybe the DM will tell me what he had planned for this is the only reason I've put up with this so far.

Chimera

First Post
In Character or out of character, I do not adventure with suicidal morons. If someone insists on playing one repeatedly, I will make my displeasure known. A simple comment at first, but growing in fury as the actions repeat themselves. At some point, I will refuse to play with the PLAYER, because they obviously have a completely different definition of the game than I do.

Humanophile

First Post
That's not role-playing, that's a twit of a player. And furthermore, one who requires metagame thinking to explain his existance. (Tell me what adventurer would last and stick around with a party if they were as stupid and cowardly as they were played? what party wouldn't kick them out or kill them outright?)

Ask said player to try making a more... if not tactically minded PC, than one who was better suited to cleaning up his messes. (Most likely a cleric, rogue, or bard.) Failing that, play a militarily rough, LE cleric of a Hextor style god (LN if your DM banned evil, and play the same kind of hard nosed style), save your cures for yourself or when another needs them, and make it clear that properly role-playing your character requires disabling or killing anyone who foolishly jeapordizes the good of the team.

Limper

First Post
OK just spoke with my DM after stating I REALY wanted to see more of his world and what he was planning and after hearing that I wanted out and for what reason, he suggested the following...... (leading me to believe he's reading this now so Hi!)

If I can exterminate the loose cannons WITHOUT letting them know it was a PC he'll let me do it (with XPs where applicable).

So now the question come to HOW to do it. My new PC is now Level 1 Rogue who will become a wizard (human of course). The DM agreed to roll the attacks and checks for me (I'm trusting him), and if a kill is scored it will be explained away as if it were a trap or similar such thing.

I will now be Bad Luck for certain players. The party jinx.

Any ideas my devious friends?

The Allamistako

First Post
Limper said:

I will now be Bad Luck for certain players. The party jinx.

Any ideas my devious friends?

Become a Cleric of Murphy (As in Murphy's Law).
Run around with a LOT of note paper.
Hand your GM notes stating your secret actions. But also hand him notes with comments like "Yup, another pointless page", "Guess what, this is a note" and similar stuff... :D

-Alla

Remove ads