Blasted ROLE-PLAYERS!!!

Humanophile

First Post
Area effect spells and misplacing your center area? (More fun if you "agonize" over your mistake but your DM doesn't take it back.)

And if you have S&S, or just sneak a peek at its flanking rules while you're in the bookstore, make a similar mistake with ranged attacks, especially ranged touch spells. Taking a shot through him while he's directly between you an an enemy is bad form unless you "need to" and/or "you couldn't possibly miss". But if you take a while to figure out where is safe and where isn't, you can whap him fairly good a couple of times. (If you don't have the rule, it's basically draw an imaginary line or stretch a piece of string between the center of your square and the center of your opponent. If said line enters the opponent via your friend's square, he gives cover.)

Chairman_Kaga

Founder of the Gourmet Gamer Academy
Oh Great Googly-moogly!!

These people are twits...no...that doesn't quite cut it. They are complete morons...hmmm...nope that isn't good enough either...the only other thing I can think of would annoy Eric's Grandmother, so I'll take a pass on that.

Lose these PEOPLE, their characters aren't the issue. Conspiring with the DM to kill them off (real mature DM there) isn't going to solve the problem. You've stated that they have done this more than once. Do you really think that their next character won't do the exact same thing?!

Get a clue.

They aren't ROLE-Players, they wouldn't know a role-player if it kicked them in the junk and stole their wallets. They are disruptive at best, if at all possible find yourself a real group to play with.

Good luck.

Cintra

First Post
If all you do is kill off their characters, then there's no hope they'll ever learn any better. (Not that it sounds like there's much hope in any case, but I'm an eternal optimist...)

I recommend asking your DM to let you have skill in Craft (Trapmaking) and possibly the ability to make (and hopefully, safely handle) poisons. You can then secretly craft small traps and plant them at appropriate times. For example, place a wooden box where one of them might dive right in and open it, and have a trap in it that has a good chance of doing real damage. Of course, if they ask you to open it, you'll successfully disarm the trap first (since you made it, disarming it should be an automatic success) and they'll just think you're really useful to have around.

You might also consider ways to lure critters into attacking those other party members. If you take alchemy skill in order to make poisons, you might also be able to make a musk-like substance that attracts monsters of certain types specifically to them...

--------------------

Plausible Deniability is your friend.

Quickbeam

Explorer
I agree with the good Chairman_K and DocM. These players are the worst kind of gamers, who find entertainment in fudging around and watching things (and people) go boom!

Don't get sucked into this "killing them off will solve my problems" mindset, because you're wrong. Worse than being wrong, you'll find that you've become an equally inept and moronic player yourself. Perhaps your DM (whom you seem to like) will initiate another campaign for you -- either solo, or with other less annoyingly silly players.

Good luck :) !

Limper

First Post
I'm mulling over whats been said so far. My DM doesn't have time for much of a second campaign and one of the idiots is related to his wife.

All who've said PKing em is immature are most asuradly correct. BUT I sooooooo.. wish to grind my axe, put a long handle on it so to speak. I have never had DM cooperation in this sort of endevor before, aren't some opportunities to good to pass up?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Play a cleric of St-Cuthbert, LN. They don't suffer fools at all. Don't heal the idiots. If they are being reasonable, heal them.

I fear the others are right though... these are people who enjoy this kind of stuff, and who like making new characters.

Ancalagon

William Ronald

Explorer
It is hard to put up with characters who endanger others, let alone the people running them. Talk to the DM and the players. Explain how these actions are hurting your enjoyment of the game. Also, explain that you will no longer help anyone who jeopardizes your character.

Spatula

Explorer
Limper said:
I dont want to make a listen check Mr. DM my Ranger is a real sound sleeper, and after falling asleep on watch (BY CHOICE) would'nt wake for anything.

Ha! That's pretty funny. :)

With the button-pushing short guys - why were you anywhere near him when he pushed the button? Have the common sense to keep your distance from such maniacs, at least. Or did the trap cover the whole room/hallway?

I guess a similar question arises with the nacroleptic ranger - why let such a character stand watch on his own?

It does sound like your DM's playstyle might be too deadly for the sort of good-natured adventure that the problematic player(s) seem to desire.

hong

WotC's bitch
Limper said:
OK just spoke with my DM after stating I REALY wanted to see more of his world and what he was planning and after hearing that I wanted out and for what reason, he suggested the following...... (leading me to believe he's reading this now so Hi!)

If I can exterminate the loose cannons WITHOUT letting them know it was a PC he'll let me do it (with XPs where applicable).

So now the question come to HOW to do it. My new PC is now Level 1 Rogue who will become a wizard (human of course). The DM agreed to roll the attacks and checks for me (I'm trusting him), and if a kill is scored it will be explained away as if it were a trap or similar such thing.

I will now be Bad Luck for certain players. The party jinx.

Any ideas my devious friends?

Please don't do it. Just because they spoiled the game for you is no excuse for you to spoil the game for them.

I second what SableWyvern said. If you can't persuade these people to play rationally for a change, then you should really look for a different group.

Alternatively, if leaving isn't an option, perhaps you could consider changing your playing style to match the group. Play a comic character, and don't take things too seriously. Take your inspiration from Bugs Bunny movies, as opposed to LOTR or Conan. Make fun of their mistakes (and yours).

Remove ads