Blue eye samurai

Jahydin

Hero
Just finished and it was absolutely a 10/10 animation.

It's quite the inspiration on how to run interesting TTRPG sessions as well, especially when it comes to failed combat/skill checks!

briggart

Adventurer
I'm currently watching it, very strong Lone Wolf and Cub vibes! But I've just finished episode 6 and it's getting too much into John Wick 4 territory for me. Hopefully the rest of the season will be more in line with the previous episodes.

The Soloist

Adventurer
Overall it was very good and surprising at times. The main character is very much a Mary Sue but considering the quality of the animation, the backstory, political intrigue and the secondary characters, we loved it.

Jahydin

Hero
Overall it was very good and surprising at times. The main character is very much a Mary Sue but considering the quality of the animation, the backstory, political intrigue and the secondary characters, we loved it.
How do you figure?

She gets her teeth kicked in like every episode and is incredibly flawed (think of all the characters she has let down). Not too mention she's hated by just about everyone on the island.

As for her fighting skills, she makes it her singular focus in life and trains ever single day around the greatest swordsmen in Japan.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
We finished it last night and it was fantastic. It remains by #1 favorite anime of all time.
While one of the creators is Japanese American (emphasis on American), the Chinese American director in an interview I listened to was quick to point out that this was not anime, the setting not withstanding, since the animators are all French, and otherwise the production is entirely American. I will note the interviewer did not dig deeper to get an understanding of what the director would classify as anime.

That said, modern content is all about blurring lines between genres, tropes, themes, etc etc so sometimes if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably an AI decoy :ROFLMAO:

Richards

Legend
Then I will appease the director by amending my statement thusly: "Blue Eye Samurai is better than any anime I've ever seen."

That said, my sons and I are going to start watching Arcane this weekend, so we'll see if it can hold its title. (I'm pretty sure it will; steampunk's not really my thing.)

Johnathan

Remove ads