• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bo9s General Questions -title changed-

Moon-Lancer

First Post
I am trying to understand prerqs for Maneuvers in bo9s. It seems to be that one can get strike of perfect clarity at level 9 with a warblade. Am I wrong? What am I missing? This seems very strong for A level 9 Character.

I have seen the comparisons of high level barbarians and warblades, and i was fine with that, because the barbarians out damaged the warblades, but if a warblade and dish out 100 points of damage at level 9, that seems way too strong, and no level 9 character can do that much damage unless they are something like a lancer build or a hulking hurler... etc...

can someone walk me through how i give my character maneuvers?

As I understand it, all i need for a level 9 maneuver is to be initiator level 9 and usually around four maneuvers of the same school. These do not seem like hard prerequisites at all to attain.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
It's a lot like a Wizard's spell level/class level breakdown:

Code:
Maneuver Level	Initiator Level Requires
1		1
2		3
3		5
4		7
5		9
6		11
7		13
8		15
9		17

AnonymousOne

First Post
Page 39 of Tome of Battle

Character Level | Initiator Level
1-2 = 1
3-4 = 2
5-6 = 3
7-8 = 4
9-10 = 5
11-12 = 6
13-14 = 7
15-16 = 8
17+ = 9

Never mind, I'm late ...

BTW: How do you get the code thingy to work? Copy and Paste from wordpad inside of
Code:
 brackets?

Patlin

Explorer
AnonymousOne said:
BTW: How do you get the code thingy to work? Copy and Paste from wordpad inside of
Code:
 brackets?[/QUOTE]

You mean the tabs? Yeah, copying and pasting from another editor is how to do it.  I normally use notepad, but I copied from outlook this time because it was open.

AnonymousOne

First Post
Patlin said:
You mean the tabs? Yeah, copying and pasting from another editor is how to do it. I normally use notepad, but I copied from outlook this time because it was open.
So do I actually have to enter in the php for a tab? or can I just open up code brackets and paste the whole thing in?

EDIT: Test
Code:
Level	Initiator Level
1	1
3	2
5	3
7	4
9	5
11	6
13	7
15	8
17	9

Re-edit: Ohhhh fancy.... I like it.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
also I guess the only other thing I am unclear about is, can i ready one maneuver multiple times like wizards can fill their slots with the same spell? I figured i should ask here instead of making another post.

AnonymousOne

First Post
Erm ... I think each maneuver can be used ONLY once per encounter.

I don't think you can ready White Rave Tactics 4 times per encounter.

Patlin

Explorer
You can ready each maneuver only once, but there are ways to recover maneuvers and use them several times per encounter. For example, a Warblade can recover maneuvers as a swift action as long as he doesn't use any other maneuvers in that turn.

Bad Paper

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
also I guess the only other thing I am unclear about is, can i ready one maneuver multiple times like wizards can fill their slots with the same spell?
No. Warblades have to meditate as a swift action to regain maneuvers, but then cannot use any maneuvers in that same round. You pretty much can't ever use the same maneuver two rounds in a row, except:
1) you prepared a copy with a martial script (I think? the rules aren't clear on whether you can double up on maneuvers this way)
2) you have the Sudden Recovery feat

Remove ads