• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bounty of the Endless Sands

B4cchus

Explorer
Actually, this is why Findoram bought a small barrel before the group entered the desert. "The water is here in this barrel. Take as much from it as you want."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Didn't realise that--I believe the extra 48 pounds (6 gallons == 48 pounds) would have likely put the camel overweight, but I won't worry about it, since that's my bad)

*The speaker looks incredulous, but he peeks into the barrel. His eyes widen*

"You speak the speak the truth, Waterbringer. This is a solemn gift you give, and one that must be presented not to me but to the Holdmistress herself. You will come with me?"

B4cchus

Explorer
Findoram looks back at the rest for signs of objection. If he sees none he replies "We are honoured to be invited. We will come with you to the holdmistress".

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The man nods simply and motions to another member of his group before gesturing for Findoram to follow and heading in the direction the group had been traveling. He doesn't invite the others to follow, but neither does he stop them from doing so. Before long, they have reached a series of rocky cliffs in the desert, leading down to a cleft and a lower desert below. Built into the cliffs is a series of homes and dwellings, and the man in front of the group points.*

"We have reached the clanhold, Waterbringer."

*He heads over to one of the women walking in the clanhold and speaks to her briefly, and she nods and heads off quickly. He then leads any who have come with him in the same direction, albeit slowly.*

*Eventually, they reach a large building, draped with silks and cushions on the inside. There are three people seated on the cushions, a woman in the central front with golden hair wearing jewelry and light silks, flanked by a strong-looking man with a hard-set jaw and a woman wearing simple garb with pupilless blue eyes that shine and shimmer slightly.*

*The man leading them gestures for Findoram to do his thing.*

B4cchus

Explorer
On the way to the Holdmistress Findoram consults with the rest "So this is a good thing, right? I'm afraid that by presenting the water they regard me as spokesperson, or waterbringer if you will, but if you have anything to add please do. I don;t know these people or thier culture but i'll do the best i can."

BigB

First Post
B4cchus said:
On the way to the Holdmistress Findoram consults with the rest "So this is a good thing, right? I'm afraid that by presenting the water they regard me as spokesperson, or waterbringer if you will, but if you have anything to add please do. I don;t know these people or thier culture but i'll do the best i can."

You should not apologize for the gifts of your god, step up and lead us when it is right for you to do so. None else I think could have gotten us this far.

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
"My guess is they're impressed with your ability to make water. We might as well use it as a way to gain information from them, I'd say. If you do the talking, I'll keep an eye out that there's no foul play going on." Irene whispers so their guide doesn't overhear it, as speaking of any bad intention might backfire quite badly if he would hear it.

B4cchus

Explorer
As findoram enters the clanhold he bows for the person who seems to be the holdmistress to him. He waits a bit in order not to speak before he is adressed.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That's hardly fair--which of those three do you think to be the Holdmistress? :p Fortunately, it probably won't surprise you)

*The three people look strangely at Findoram when he bows, and they simply stare at him, waiting, when he doesn't say anything.*

Remove ads