Bounty of the Endless Sands

B4cchus

Explorer
After some slightly uncomfortable moments of silence Findoram decides he is supposed to speak after all "Greetings. My name is Findoram Hammerhand and these are my companions" He gestures at each member of the group as he states thier names "Miss Irene, Miss Vriina, Sir Eskon and Sir Rhys. We seek passage through your lands in order to fulllfill our missions. First we would like to offer you a gift of water as a token of out good intent." After that Findoram presents the water and remains silent again, waiting for a response.

Lot

First Post
Eskon stands comfortably and wears a jovial expression. His eyes dart nervously around the room, however, revealing his discomfort. The paladin remains silent, waiting for the right time to speak.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The woman in the centre looks inside the barrel and raises an eyebrow, then nods.*

"I am Sharassa of the Durai Lyrane. May you always find water and shade, Findoram Hammerhand, Waterbringer" she turns to Irene and nods, "May you always find water and shade, Miss Irene," she turns to Vrina and nods, "May you always find water and shade, Miss Vrina, she turns to Eskon and nods, "May you always find water and shade, Sir Eskon," she finally turns to Rhys and nods, "And may you always find water and shade, Sir Rhys."

"I offer you the shade of our tents, Outsiders. Truly, it heartens me to see that some Outsiders do know vhal after all...though this means that if you are the noble outsiders of the prophecy, we may have made a terrible mistake...Those others who came before did not know vhal..."

B4cchus

Explorer
"May you always find water and shade as well. We are humbles by your hospitality. May I ask what your profecy entails? I am afraid we do not know what Vahl means. Those outsiders you refer to may very well be the ones we are pursuing. They commited evil deeds."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Vhal is...vhal. Those without vhal cannot be trusted, for they have nothing to prevent them from performing deplorable deeds."

"I think one of them said that vhal is like what they call 'honour'," the blue-eyed woman offers.

"It would not surprise me if they performed evil deeds. In fact, one of them in particular, a foul-tempered and disrespectful little girl, was removed from our tents for her misdeeds, and they had to continue without her in order to take advantage of having one of our guides along with them...You might be able to find her still just outside the village, actually. Is that right?"

*The man nods, and the other woman speaks.*

"The Prophecy states that Outsiders will enter our land for the first time in milennia...they will come seeking a place forbidden that we have been set to guard. We must ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. We had thought that having no vhal was just a quirk of all Outsiders, especially since those Outsiders slaughtered some halflings, which was helpful to us. We were fooled into thinking they were the ones, but if they are known for evil even in the lands of the Outsiders, then we must have been terribly mistaken...It is a tragedy that this was all set into motion by the actions of that Alant..."

Gurdjieff

First Post
Feeling a bit uncomfortable after hearing the slaughtering of halflings, Irene swallows once. Seeing how she has been treated so far, she just hopes that their hatred is not aimed at her in any way. Listening to the rest of the story, questions spring to Irene's mind.
"Excuse me, Lady Sharassa, for I do not speak your tongue, but what is an Alant? And what actions do you speak of?
Refraining from her usual ramblings, Irene slows down in her speech.
"And do you think we'll be able to catch up with these other Outsiders? If your prophecy is true, we must stop them at all costs from getting what they're after. People holding so much evil, without your... vhal..."

Lot

First Post
Eskon bows to Sharassa.

"May you always find water and shade, as well."

The paladin lifts his head and looks at her.

"What can you tell us of this forbidden place. What power does it hold and what could these outsiders want with it?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sharassa tilts her head quizzically at Irene's request.*

"Who is this Lay-dee, Miss-Irene? Alant is difficult to explain to those who don't understand. Essentially, it means something similar to 'Despised Exile Whose Vhal is Irredeemably Shattered'. It is the punishment for the worst crimes or the most horrific breach of vhal...far worse than death. Besides, did you mean to address our honoured Seer?"

"I can answer a bit more...you should be faster with your mounts, but they have taken Sashal with them as a guide, and her Sight will lead them around dangers and hindrances and increase their speed. I see the flows of Fate, and you have a chance to overtake them if you are fast and tenacious."

"Sir-Eskon, it is forbidden, and even the Seers do not know the true power sealed within. They say it could be a great boon for healing and the cause of good or a great malefice that strengthens the power of evil...we were tasked to guard it from the Ages, and the prophecy said that we had already failed when the Wall was destroyed--the best we could do was try to make sure it went to the best Outsiders we could find..."

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Sharassa tilts her head quizzically at Irene's request.*

"Who is this Lay-dee, Miss-Irene? Alant is difficult to explain to those who don't understand. Essentially, it means something similar to 'Despised Exile Whose Vhal is Irredeemably Shattered'. It is the punishment for the worst crimes or the most horrific breach of vhal...far worse than death. Besides, did you mean to address our honoured Seer?"

"I can answer a bit more...you should be faster with your mounts, but they have taken Sashal with them as a guide, and her Sight will lead them around dangers and hindrances and increase their speed. I see the flows of Fate, and you have a chance to overtake them if you are fast and tenacious."

"Sir-Eskon, it is forbidden, and even the Seers do not know the true power sealed within. They say it could be a great boon for healing and the cause of good or a great malefice that strengthens the power of evil...we were tasked to guard it from the Ages, and the prophecy said that we had already failed when the Wall was destroyed--the best we could do was try to make sure it went to the best Outsiders we could find..."

Rhys follows Eskons example on behavior as he bows to show respect and then speaks: Thank you for your kindness, and may you always find water and shade. We are in search of an item that was said to be able to heal a child, perhaps this is the item we seak.

Remove ads