• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bounty of the Endless Sands

BigB

First Post
Lot said:
Eskon listens to the other, rubbing his short beard and looking off towards the other edge.

"I'd like to press on to the other edge. Might be a bit more dangerous, but I'd rather take the risk than lose the trail. If I was looking for safety, I would have stayed in Orussus. But, of course, it's just my opinion and I'll respect the majority on this vote."

The young paladin grins.

"I'm flexible. I'm trying to dispel the myth that paladins are intolerable and stubborn."

Rhys listens to Eskon and frowns a bit. I suppose you are correct. If we wanted safety and comfort we would not be adventuring.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Are you serious that you want to rush blindly, risking our lives in the process? I might not be out here for safety and comfort, but I do prefer to be out here alive. If you really want to push through tonight, at least give me the impression that this isn't suicide."

Lot

First Post
Eskon raises his hands in a non-threatening manner.

"Okay, okay. Let's not get dramatic about this. I would hardly consider pushing on to get to the other side as being the same thing as suicide. I'm just stressing the fact that we're not on a pleasurable hike through the wilderness. Time is of the essence. But if it means that much to you, I'm okay to stop here."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I am afraid that stopping here will not be acceptable--we should either continue onward and make good time against those you pursue or retreat all the way back and lose even more time. Let us not tarry here."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"My life means very much to me yes" Irene snaps at the paladin, sighing once, then turning to their guide. "Meliana, how risky do you think it is to push on? You're the one who knows these lands best. Do you think we can make it to a safe zone before the cold gets to us?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I do not know. It depends much on how long these camels of yours can keep up the pace, as well as the size and shape of this particular area. If we are able to press on for some hours, surely it cannot last too far."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"I really hope you know what you're doing..." Irene mutters as she gives up her protest. "Let's get going then, before we freeze to death here."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The group forces a march on their camels as darkness begins to descend and the cold sets in. After a short time, there is a strange sound from below the sand, and an eerie unearthly feeling descends upon the group, but they continue to force the camels to march, and they see nothing of it. However, they are chilled fairly badly by the cold as they make their way eventually out of the darker sand and into an area of more normal temperature, where a simple blanket is enough for a relatively-comfortable sleep.*

(OOC: Camels all take 15 nonlethal from forced march, everyone else takes 12 nonlethal from the cold. But they made it!)

"We have made it," Meliana says with a smile, "Hopefully we should catch up with them soon."

Remove ads